Position Title: Control Technician
Reports to: Engineering Supervisor
Ability to proficiently perform the following craft functions to include but not limited: Troubleshoots and repair of complex mechanical and electrically controlled machines or equipment within a fast paced automated manufacturing environment. Demonstrate the ability to mentor, train, guide and test assigned mechanic associates who have not the experience or abilities in the core competencies of the position and discipline. The incumbent must possess the ability to be a point of contact between the maintenance mechanics assigned to his/her team and operations supervision.
Primary Job Duties:
- Work in a safe manner, be able to properly use, care and maintain all tools and equipment, and keep work area and shop clean.
- Assist supervision with planning, development of preventive maintenance tasks and techniques as well as follow-up on open and unresolved issues as often as needed.
- Mentor, guide, train and test mechanics in technical and safety competencies.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and understand Safety procedures, blue prints, schematics, and technical manuals.
- Demonstrate the ability to accurately diagnose and repair assigned equipment or system failures to minimize downtime in an effort to achieve production efficiency objectives.
- Assist Production with routine maintenance decisions in absence of maintenance supervision or plant engineer.
- Ability to perform all duties required of the maintenance mechanics of lower skill levels.
- Timely and professional response to service calls to diagnose and resolve equipment failures.
- Embrace and promote timely completion of preventive maintenance and other type of company work orders.
- Embrace and promote an environment of teamwork between peers, maintenance associates, operators, company associates, contractors, OEM representatives and supervision.
- Actively support company goals, missions, and programs.
- Monitor mechanics during repairs and PMS to ensure safe work habits.
- Preform a daily walk through inspection of the plant for safety issues
- Monitor all employees for work rules violations
- Preform periodic lock out/ tag-out verification tests.
- Ensure proper GMPs are followed at all times by all employees
- Responsible for enforcing sanitation rules to all employees
- Enforce department cleaning schedule for shop and parts area.
- Leadership- Leads, inspires, and influences the facility organization, search for best practices, manage change, promote continuous improvement, and provide tools.
- Systems Thinking- Implements solutions to organizational problems and develops organizational or service delivery systems in a way that factors in or encompasses the interactions of all the systems and organizational entities involved.
- Functional knowledge and skills- Demonstrates expertise in skill and knowledge within areas relevant to one’s own function or work group.
- Communication- proactively gives regular, consistent, and meaningful communication throughout organization; ensures important matters are shared with all appropriate individuals.
- Delivering Results- Always uses time efficiently and responds quickly and constructively when confronted with challenges. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities. Carefully plans the delegation of assignments, based on skill, development needs and urgency.
Essential Job Functions/ Requirements:
- Prior experience as maintenance mechanic or related manufacturing/ Plant engineering experience.
- Degree in Engineering or related field. If applicable licenses are required by state, industry, city, country, etc.
- Must possess/ maintain a valid license to operate applicable equipment.
- Physically capable of moving to all areas of the plant. Must be capable of reaching, bending, stooping, climbing, pushing, and pulling as required in a production operation.
- Able to climb ladders, crawl under equipment and work in tight spaces.
- Able to view product and determine adherence to quality control standards including size, shape, color, cut, etc.
- Able to visibly distinguish operating lights and panels on machinery and equipment.
- Able to hear and identify audible alarm system as well as normal and abnormal equipment operating sounds.
- Able to generate written and verbal communications clearly and distinctly.
- Ability to read and review written communication, blue prints, wiring diagrams schematics etc.
- Able to wear/ use approved applicable safety equipment, as needed.
- Able to operate required office equipment
- Able to research, develop, implement and monitor required policies and procedures.
- Performance of other duties deemed by management to be an integral part of job
- Must have strong electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills. Strong Meter skills.
- Be able to use appropriate software to troubleshoot, modify, and program PLC’s and HMI’s
- Demonstrate skills with AB software for 5/05, Compact Logix, and panel View HMI’s.
- Assist and manage mechanics working on plant production equipment issues.
- Strive to improve production issues that drive quality or efficiency.
- Maintain critical component inventory.
- Familiar with scales, Temperature Sensors, Flow meters, Level Control, servo motors, Servo Drives, VFD’s.
- Communication skills in networking, wireless access points, routers, switches, hubs and cables.
- Candidate will work on both electrical and mechanical issues.
NE FoodsH&S Bakery and it's affiliates are together America’s largest family-owned variety baker, proudly providing specialty baked goods to major industry retailers and small businesses in the United States. . Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, we operate as an integrated network of 10 bakeries and more than 25 distribution centers located strategically across the Eastern seaboard, not including our strategic partners. We offer large-scale and custom-made production with delivery of more than 250 SKUs of baked goods, as well as flexible solutions for distribution and merchandising. We are constantly developing real time innovative solutions in both manufacturing and distribution and are dedicated to maintaining our position at the forefront of our industry.