Automotive Matching Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The GA Matching Engineer’s primary role is to lead General Assembly (GA) matching activities for a vehicle program. The tasks include establishing schedules, executing the build and iterations by installing and evaluating parts on environmental / Total Assembly Check (TAC) fixtures and bodies, reviewing supplier part data, identifying and documenting issues, resolving dimensional fit issues. The GA Matching Engineer is expected to lead the dimensional problem solving activities in the interior or exterior ensuring the vehicle achieves its Dimensional Technical Specifications.
Roles & Responsibilities
• General Assembly (GA) Match Events Execution per the documented process
• Establish match build schedules for the TAC, Matching body and communicate to the team
• Assist with validation activities of TAC fixtures
• Ability to read and interpret output from part scanning systems.
• Work with suppliers to ensure measurements of dimensionally critical interior and exterior parts are collected prior to match build events. Leverage data to ensure supplier readiness for Matching, elevating issues as appropriate
• Assist the matching team with the installation and evaluation of GA parts per the build schedules, to ensure readiness for measurement
• Identify and document issues per the match build schedule
• Review measurement results with Launch team as required during issue deep dive reviews
• Lead resolution of dimensional issues during launch
• Execute interior/exterior dimensional integration/problem solving and support the Vehicle Dimensional Quality Manager (VDQM) as needed
• Ensure all assigned issues are thoroughly root caused using measurement data
• Review measurement results with part suppliers to close out issues thru pre-production build events
• Assist the matching team to facilitate the installation and measurement of new/improved parts on TAC and body to validate and close out issues (iterations as the parts become available)
Required Skill Set
• Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) & datum strategies
• Knowledge of check fixture strategies & data collection
• Good Dimensional problem solving skills
• Knowledge of interior and exterior trim parts and build strategies
• Knowledge of BIW closures & fab processes (including stamping).
• Dimensional Engineering / Statistical basics
• Good computer skills (MS Suite)
• Team Center or Visualization Mockup (or equivalent) to view math files
• Ability to work and communicate with a broad range of individuals
• Seeking individuals that are self motivated, hard working and want to win with integrity
• Ability to travel to GM Assembly plants in North America including longer term assignments during launch
NDX Human Capital Solutions, LLC.
NDX Human Capital Solutions is a Veteran owned Contract Engineering company based out of Rochester Hills, MI. We're a partner / service provider to the OEM's and Automotive suppliers here locally and also a partner to the Department of Defense on a national basis, providing professional, technical staffing solutions.
EngineeringView all jobs at NDX Human Capital Solutions, LLC.