The PDS will work with the Outside Sales Force and Specification Sales Administrator teams to identify and close job based sales opportunities. The PDS will use a variety of interpersonal, sales and customer service skills to qualify, quote and follow-up on job based leads to assist in closing the sales in order to achieve the desired results based on NDS initiatives.
The successful PDS will combine exceptional interaction skills with product and system knowledge to reinforce the value of using NDS products and services on Non-Residential projects. The ability to successfully qualify job leads, translate that information into a quote, distribute and clearly communicate to Outside Sales, Specifications, distributors and contractors is critical to achieving the desired results.
The PDS will generate daily outbound prospecting activities to meet desired departmental metrics. Outbound calls will be made from a variety of lead originators including, but not limited to: DODGE, internal marketing initiatives and inbound job leads from various other sources. The PDS will utilize available resources and tools to provide timely follow-up; tracking and reporting on all job leads through to the close of sale.
Competencies and Skills Needed:
- Must demonstrate exceptional interpersonal communication and relationship building techniques.
- Must demonstrate the ability to clearly and accurately qualify all job leads by using probing, open ended questions.
- Must be able to meet defined objectives for qualifying job leads, follow-up activities and quality of work resulting in positive impact on sales and volume growth.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to close sales by using a variety of sales techniques and skills.
- Must have exceptional initiative, positive approach, enthusiasm, accountability, persistence and problem solving skills.
- Must have the ability to work with a diverse population of potential customers and NDS team members.
- Must be independent, learn new concepts quickly and work with minimal supervision.
- The PDS must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must keep department manager informed of results, key information and issues.
Specific Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Sales and Growth
- Meet daily Outbound Calling Activity requirements, specifically meeting contact rates goals, conversion rates goals and prospect nurturing goals.
- Demonstrated efficiencies in outbound calling on cold and warm leads types
- Qualify and track job leads; DODGE leads and job leads submitted through Marketing, Customer Service, ndspro.com website, inbound calls, fax or e-mail.
- Provide written job quotes
- Timely follow-up on job leads to close the sale
- CRM reporting of job status; open, closed, lost
- Reviewing DODGE plans to identify potential sales for NDS product
- Other projects as designated by Supervisor
· Demonstration of the competencies and skills listed above.
· Two or more years in a call center or sales environment with increasing responsibility requiring a minimum of supervision and direction.
· NDS product and business knowledge or experience in a similar industry.
· Problem solving and decision-making skills.
· Working knowledge of CRM systems.
· Advanced experience with Microsoft programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
· Demonstrated ability to read plans and blueprints.
· Exceptional organizational skills
· Bachelor degree or equivalent a plus.
· General knowledge of irrigation or plumbing products, design or installation knowledge preferred.
· Proven results in a strong sales environment.