Overview and Scope:
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) position at NDS is critical to the growth, success and strategic objectives of NDS. Provide excellent customer service to maintain and enhance existing business and to obtain new business. This requires that the CSR take personal and complete responsibility for every order to ensure that the customer requirements are met from time of initial order receipt until the product is delivered and the customer is satisfied. Providing support to the sales regions to help insure objectives are met and opportunities become closed sales based on NDS objectives and initiatives.
Specific Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Sales and Growth
- Identify upsell and add-on product opportunities by asking probing questions to identify product need.
- Timely and accurate processing of customer orders; insuring that all job orders contain all components necessary for the customer to execute and complete the installation.
- Provide first line of technical support insuring customers have accurate product and application knowledge including providing any needed specification data.
- Coordinate, expedite and track critical orders through delivery with regular communication to the customer.
- Communication of product promotions to customers through outbound calls.
- Record complete and accurate information on job leads through inbound calls.
- Sales region main point of contact for general customer service requests.
- Document important and crucial customer information into the Salesforce system for follow up and notification to sales team members.
- Support ISR and ISA in providing written job quotes as needed
- Support ISR and ISA in logging information in the Salesforce as needed
- Answer inbound calls in a timely and professional manner; meeting customers expectations.
- Regional point of contact for distributors and sales representatives
- Daily maintenance of filing and reports; purchase orders, open orders, backorders, suspense
- Support ISR with Salesforce input and other administrative activities related to closing of sales as needed
- Generate and processing of profoma invoices
- Other projects and assignments as designated by Supervisor
- Keep department manager informed of successes, key information and roadblocks.
Competencies and Skills Required:
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal communication and relationship building techniques.
- Have the ability to work in a diverse and dynamic team environment.
- Exhibit skills for multitasking, flexibility and quickly adapting and responding to the changing needs and priorities of all customers; internal and external.
- Demonstrated ability to perform data analysis, problem solve and make recommendations for resolution.
- Solid aptitude for learning new tools, processes and techniques.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Demonstration of the competencies and skills listed above.
- Two or more years of experience in a customer service, sales or call center environment with increasing responsibility.
- NDS product and business knowledge or experience in a similar industry.
- Working knowledge of Syspro or similar ERP system.
- Intermediate or advanced experience with Microsoft programs (i.e. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to effectively work cross functionally.
1. Bachelor Degree
2. Irrigation or plumbing product design or installation knowledge