Wedding Specialist - Margaritaville Resort Orlando
NDM Hospitality Services Kissimmee, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Event Manager Wedding Specialist will be responsible for selling all wedding services at Margaritaville Resort Orlando; Wedding Specialists bring the vision of brides and grooms to life by planning, organizing and overseeing all aspects of the wedding. They ensure that the preparation, as well as the execution, of the couple's big day goes smoothly and that the newlyweds are satisfied with the results.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for contacting and booking site visits for all Leads that come through The Knot, Wedding Wire, Wedding Spot and Cvent
- Responsible for all ongoing email campaigns to all incoming leads
- Communicate current wedding offerings to all leads for Margaritaville Resort Orlando
- Excellent in analyzing customer needs and providing them with necessary requirements for special day
- Create a Master Plan - A couple planning to get married is sure to have a vision for what they want their wedding day to be. from the wedding date and venue to the seating arrangements at the reception to make that vision a reality.
- Selling is an important part of the job. In addition to selling Margaritaville, tasks include selling the services of preferred vendors, such as musical acts, bar services and photographers. Must meet or exceed quarterly sales goals.
- Creation, organization and servicing of Event Contracts and Banquet Event Orders
- Creates Banquet Checks and processes payments
- Maintain availability calendar during weekend hours.
- Works closely with Food and Beverage Departments to ensure proper staffing and availability
- Actively participates in staff meetings
- Assists with special projects for the Sales & Catering Department
- Performs other job duties as assigned
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Wide experience in managing and maintaining records in proper order
- Sound knowledge in business administration and marketing strategies
- Proficiency in conveying the proper information to the client
- Solid understanding of time frame and completion of tasks within deadlines
- Strong communication skills (verbal, written and listening)
- Passion for customer service and selling products and services.
- Negotiation with Vendors
- Comfortable and confident with speaking over the phone; cold calling is required
- Positive attitude and team player
- Flexible work schedule with availability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work without direct supervision
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Delphi Catering Sales Software preferred
- Bilingual preferred, but not required
- Must be able to travel for wedding shows in Florida and other States.
Education and Formal Training:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- College Degree in Hospitality, Event Management or related field preferred. Candidates in the process of obtaining said degree are highly encouraged to apply.
- Two years or more of experience in wedding, sales and hospitality services.
- Have Up-to-Date knowledge of wedding trends
- Must have at least two years of experience in the hospitality industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs
- Experience in Wedding / Event Sales is Preferred
- Health, Dental, Vision, Free Life Insurance
- 401k Plan Available
- Discounted Hotel rooms
- Discount in F&B outlets
- Development opportunities
- Employee appreciation events
- Recognition and Rewards Program
- And Many more!
NDM is a family-owned hospitality business that started in F&B and is now expanding into vacation rentals. We are creating a new sector in hospitality by creating identifiable brands with consistent accommodations, services and amenities within the vacation rental space. Imagine combining the comforts of a vacation home with the experience and consistency of a world class resort.
Great Perks and Benefits - Work with a "Win from within company"
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
NDM Hospitality Services
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at NDM Hospitality Services