Welder / Fabricator
- Posted: over a month ago
- $19 to $30 Hourly
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19 - $30 Hourly (depending on experience and shift)
Shift: 1st and 2nd
Benefits: 401K, PTO, Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Referral Program
NCW is looking for skilled Welder/Fabricators to join our team in Indianapolis. You will be responsible for fabrication and welding products to the drawings and production specifications using the correct materials and the appropriate welding procedures. You must be able to select the proper sequence of fitting and welding to meet the specifications of the quality program and due dates assighed.
WHY THIS JOB IS GREAT:
- Great benefits and career growth with a nationally recognized company
- Weekly pay
- Consistent hours
- Opportunities for overtime
- Pay increase with tenure
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Reading and understanding blueprints prior to starting project
- Sourcing the materials to be used in the project
- Measuring and cutting materials to specifications
- Welding/fabricate materials using the correct materials to job the metals together
- Checking finished work to make sure that it falls with the tolerances marked on the blueprints
- Understand, follow, and comply with all company safety and operating policies and procedures
- Wear proper PPE always
- Keep tools, machines, and work area clean
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT:
- Previous MIG/TIG Welding exprience (certifications a plus)
- Previous fabricating experience
- Previous warehouse/manufacturing experience
- Upbeat, energetic, and a positive mental attitude
- Great communication skills (verbal & written)
- Attention to detail
- Timeliness & Reliability
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years of previous MIG/TIG welding fabricating experience.
- Ability to pass a weld test
- Knowledgeable with safety, operation, and daily maintenance of the equipment.
- Knowledgeable with basic hand tools.
- Read and interpret blueprints, measuring tools, and weld symbols.
- Detail oriented
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively verbal and written
- Physical ability to lift up to 50Lbs.
- Ability to use inspection equipment, and perform part inspection during production.
- Understand, follow, and comply with all company safety operating policies and procedures
- Valid driver's license or state issued photo ID
- Willingness to submit to and ability to pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply directly to this post. Thanks in advance for your interest!
NCW is a professional & personable staffing + recruiting partner that has been in the talent business for over 20 years. We know what good talent is, and we know what employers are looking for! If you want to feel like you’re on a team and not just another number or transaction, you should apply through NCW. We prioritize people, not money (unless it’s going in your wallet) and do our best to make the hiring process as smooth as possible for everyone. Our motivation is to find a perfect fit for YOU! Leave the hunting to us.
NCW is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity and inclusion are a vital part of our culture and drive NCW’s growth. NCW Is an employer and business partner dedicated to elevating the quality of life of our employees, clients, and communities. You belong here.
ConstructionView all jobs at NCW