The Account Representative maintains and grows relationships with customers while achieving an assigned sales and growth goal. This position is responsible for retaining existing business while pursuing profitable growth opportunities.
- Proactively manages strategic accounts regardless of the sales channel.
- Penetrates assigned accounts by selling new or additional products to current buyers, finding additional buyers within the existing customer, and/or selling to additional customer locations.
- Develop relationships with key decision-makers within designated strategic target accounts; respected by the customer’s top management team.
- Aware and in pursuit of opportunities for account growth and new business.
- Sells the company’s complete offering of products and services.
- Documents and monitors sales activity in SMC’s CRM system.
- Complete detailed SAP and forecasts as required.
- Utilize SMC tools and aids for communication, product research, pricing, delivery, Accounts Receivable, Global Information System, etc.
- Achieve assigned sales plan; and, meets expectations for profitability and market share.
- Organize and complete a minimum of 3 regular training sessions for customers and employees on SMC products.
- Manage SMC assets appropriately, and be able to clearly write plans for investment to grow sales.
- Complete the required technical training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Participate in team selling.
- Demonstrate initiative and proactive skills with co-workers, peers, and customers.
- Maintain better than career cumulative 85% actual-to-plan sales performance
- Successfully complete other duties as prescribed by the Branch Manager/Sales Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience with SMC or equivalent industry sales experience
- Knowledge of SMC product lines and application knowledge
- Basic understanding of competitive product lines
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in the use of computer applications (i.e.- typing skills, Microsoft software, AS400, and Lotus Notes)
- Clean driving record