Responsible for the effectiveness of the finance department and the accuracy of all financial reports. Responsible for the professional development and performance of all assigned associates.
This position requires a combination of finance, accounting, and business reporting skills. The ideal candidate will be able to think both strategically and at the implementation level – to think big while also diving deep. It will require someone with strong analytical skills, a desire for continued career growth and development, and experience with the month-end close process.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the month-end close process; prepare month-end journal entries and reconciliations
- Monitor & forecast business cash flow
- Complete all financial reporting to corporate
- Determine and track all tax filings
Financial Analytics- 50%
- Support the annual budgeting and strategic planning processes
- Create and develop financial analysis reports that drive insights and business results
- Prepare weekly and monthly sales reporting while analyzing key trends and anomalies
- Perform special project and ad-hoc analysis as directed by leadership
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
The performance will be measured on the following:
- Achieve individual development goals
- Accurate and timely completion of financial reports
- Increase the financial health of the company
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting or equivalent practical experience
- 7+ years of relevant experience in finance, corporate strategy, or similar environment
- Ability to manipulate large data sets to create meaningful reporting and analysis
- Advanced excel user who can create dynamic and agile reporting and analysis
- Previous experience working with SAP or similar financial platforms
- Strong oral and written presentation skills with the ability to communicate results to leadership
- High level of competency in the use of Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to solve complex problems and identify solutions
- SQL or other programming experience preferred
The requirements listed below are representative of the style, approach, energy level, etc. of this position that are required to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily.
- Analytical Skills, Problem Solving, Attention to detail, Innovative, Self-Awareness, Self-Confidence, Self-Management, Emotional Self-Control, Adaptability, Initiative, Optimism, Empathy, Organization Awareness, Service Orientation, Teamwork & Collaboration.
WORKING CONDITIONS and/or PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FLMA and other federal, state and local standards.
- May be required to pass pre-employment and annual Vision Acuity tests.
- Ability to work onsite on a regular basis