- Posted: over a month ago
The Account Manager maintains and grows relationships with customers while achieving an assigned sales and growth goal. This position is responsible for retaining existing businesses while pursuing profitable growth opportunities.
- Proactively manages strategic accounts regardless of the sales channel.
- Penetrates assigned accounts by selling new or additional products to current buyers, finding additional buyers within the existing customer, and/or selling to additional customer locations.
- Develop relationships with key decision-makers within designated strategic target accounts; respected by customer’s top management team.
- Aware and in pursuit of opportunities for account growth and new business.
- Sells the company’s complete offering of products and services.
- Documents and monitors sales activity in CRM system.
- Complete detailed SAP and forecasts as required.
- Utilize tools and aids for communication, product research, pricing, delivery, Accounts Receivable, Global Information System, etc.
- Achieve assigned sales plan; and, meets expectations for profitability and market share.
- Organize and complete a minimum of 3 regular training sessions for customers and employees on products.
- Manage assets appropriately, and be able to clearly write plans for investment to grow sales.
- Complete required technical training and development objectives within the assigned time frame.
- Participate in team selling.
- Demonstrate initiative and proactive skills with co-workers, peers, and customers.
- Maintain better than career cumulative 85% actual-to-plan sales performance
- Successfully complete other duties as prescribed by the Branch Manager/Sales Manager
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of two (2) years experience with or equivalent industry sales experience
- Basic understanding of competitive product lines
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in the use of computer applications (i.e.- typing skills, Microsoft software, AS400, and Lotus Notes)
- Clean driving record
BusinessView all jobs at NCW