DEPUTY PRODUCTION MANAGER (MUST SPEAK VIETNEMESE)
POSITION: DEPUTY PRODUCTION MANAGER
NCS is a growing innovator, manufacturer, and integrator of a wide range of computing devices for enterprises of all sizes with strong focus in the public sector including the military, Federal agencies, and state/local government. We transform products from our strategic OEM partners into the final integrated solutions that our customers require. We provide system and rackscale integration and logistic services to help our customers seamlessly provision their IT hardware cost effectively. We also build NCS branded systems to meet our customers' specific technical, security, or environmental requirements. We need a strong and capable individual to serve as our Deputy Production Manager.
The person appointed to this position will assist the Production Manager to operate our production facility with a workforce of approximately seventy operators. Many of them are recent immigrants from Vietnam who do not have strong command of English. Therefore, it is important that the Deputy Production Manager (DPM) is able to communicate in Vietnamese and have the cultural skills to work with this community to distribute information, policies, procedures, and instructions, resolve problems, and maintain high morale. As its title suggests, this position reports to the Production Manager.
- Monitor and prioritize production workflow to meet deadlines.
- High level of attention and focus on safety, quality, and productivity.
- Assist with the onboarding process of new hires & provide training to new hires.
- Assist with annual reviews for staff and quarterly training assessments.
- Work directly with warehouse staff to exchange inventory from new builds to rework returns while also communicating any issues / strategies for streamlining.
- Maintain proper inventory levels of Production consumables that are not part of BOM's (labels, tools, tape, chemicals, rags, gloves, etc.).
- Assist in maintaining the manufacturing line to keep it function properly.
- Maintain calibration and testing schedules for tools and ESD equipment.
- Analyze and resolve workflow problems that might occur from time to time.
- Assist employees and their direct supervisors in solving work-related and interpersonal issues and serve as interpreter as needed.
- Administer company policies and guidelines.
- Identify and eliminate wastes and Implement cost-saving measures as necessary.
- Report and work with IT to rapidly address any issues impacting productivity.
- Proactively communicate needs, issues, and problems within Production and management to eliminate roadblocks to efficient operation.
- Assist with payroll and other administrative functions.
- Analyze production data and work with management to streamline processes for maximum efficiency.
- Counsel employees on topics ranging from optimal outputs and proper workflows to disciplinary and attendance.
- Maintain production KPI's (including productivity and error logs).
- Work directly with Planning to determine inventory needs and communicate with warehouse managers for Just-In-Time delivery of parts, components, and sub-assemblies.
- Excellent English and Vietnamese written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to supervise multiple tasks simultaneously to meet various deadlines.
- Proficient with workflow and scheduling tools.
- Familiarity with time and motion study.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Familiarity with Project strongly preferred.
- Familiarity with common commercial off the shelf ERP systems such as SAP, Oracle NetSuite, etc.
- Must project an aura of leadership to attention from others.
- Detail oriented with sharp eye for accuracy.
- Intensely goal oriented to achieve production output targets and solving problems.
- Flexible to work overtime as required to meet project deadlines.
- Possess the temperament to be a team player to pursue common goals.
- Believe in and committed to "Continuous Improvement".
- Ability to lead a team and willing to listen to concerns inside and outside of the department.
- Able to stand and walk throughout the work day and lift objects of 50 lbs. or less as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S) in Industrial Engineering, Operations or Logistics Management, or Business Management strongly preferred with 5 years of operations supervisory experience.
In lieu of academic degree, must demonstrate 10 to 15 years of operations supervisory experience
NCS Technologies, Inc.Manassas, VA
Get fresh DEPUTY PRODUCTION MANAGER (MUST SPEAK VIETNEMESE) jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.