Seeking experienced Quality Engineer for growing Aerospace and Defense Precision Machine shop in North Johnson County. Company is under new management and is poised for expansion. We are an AS9100D certified supplier providing complex milling, turning, finish processing, welding and assembly services.
The Quality Engineer plays an essential role in the successful execution of complex and fast paced aerospace precision product manufacturing. The Quality Engineer must be organized and exhibit excellent analytical abilities; be task driven, detail oriented and not accepting of the status quo. The Quality Engineer must be efficient in analyzing designs and specifications to achieve repeatable, cost effective and reliable quality processes applying a wide variety of technologies.
- Conducts quality planning by reviewing customer quality clauses, technical specifications, and drawings to document quality plans for product manufacturing; including in process inspections, First Article templates, and inspection instructions for outside processors
- Develop and run CMM programs in alignment with quality plans
- Compile all process documentation and data to develop Certificates of Conformance and customer required documentation for shippable parts.
- Support the development of internal corrective actions to improve processes through use of 5-Whys, Brainstorming, Fishbone or other applicable process
- Be a contributing member of the Product Review Board meetings for suspected non-conforming product and drive the disposition process including; investigation, data collection, and development of acceptable rework instructions
- Collect cost of quality data and use to drive interdepartmental improvements
- Support in the management of the Quality Management System including revisions to work instructions, procedures, and forms in compliance with AS9100
- Become cross trained in all aspects of the Quality process here at NCS and be a backup across all functions
- Inspection of product using hand tools and review of vendor and supplier certificates and process paperwork
- Other duties as required
- Knowledge of First Article Inspection Reports (AS9102). Preparation of First Articles using blueprint bubbling software (Discus preferred)
- CMM programming (PC Dmis preferred)
- Familiarity with tools, concepts and methodologies of quality programs such as APQP, PPAP, NPI, etc.
- Ability to read and understand detailed process specifications and quality clauses
- Familiar with military and commercial manufacturing specifications
- Knowledge of monitoring & measuring equipment with GD&T experience
- Fluent in the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Technical degree in applicable field or 5 years Quality Control experience
- Quality specific training (e.g. CQA, CQE, Internal Audit Training, SPC, etc.)
- Experience in manufacturing or engineering/fabrication environment with multi-level bill of materials and product structures
- In compliance ITAR Requirements and with U.S. governmental regulations applicable to this position, all applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or a “protected individual”, as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
What We Offer:
- Health / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation
- Long / Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer