Via the phone, serves as the main point of contact for core customer base. Answers customer questions, provides information and builds relationships.
1. Consults directly with core customers via phone to answer questions and provide information regarding policies, coverage, company products and services. Works with customers to retain policyholders.
2. Builds relationships with new and current customers and proactively recommend products and services to meet their business needs.
3. Works with Management and the Technical Services Administrator to successfully complete training curriculum and develop knowledge of products and services. Continues on-the-job training by working with Management and other staff members.
4. Accurately enters call data into computer systems.
5. Collects all necessary documentation for coverages and collects accurate prospect data for Company products.
6. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education: High School degree, some college preferred.
Experience: 2 or more years related experience, preferably in insurance, customer service or a college degree
Skills: Requires excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills. Requires excellent interpersonal and telephone skills and ability to navigate various company computer systems. Ability to develop extensive knowledge of company products and services. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Requires obtaining Property and Casualty Lines license within the first four months of employment and requires the ability to meet insurer appointment criteria to represent the company as applicable.
Mental Demands: Must have the ability to focus on task for extended periods of time. Must be flexible and have the ability to work with a variety of tasks and employees. Ability to plan, organize, be detail and deadline oriented and maintain a high accuracy rate.
Physical Demands: Continuous sitting for extended periods of time, some standing, walking, bending and reaching. Frequent use of fingers and hands to manipulate computer, telephone and other office equipment.