Via the phone, chat or email, provides exemplary customer service for core customer base. Answers customer questions, provides information and establishes rapport with customer in order to recommend products and services to meet their business needs. Works closely with prospective customers to determine coverage needs, provide accurate quotes and assist with application process.
1. Consults directly with core customers via phone, chat or email to answer questions and provide information regarding policies and coverage's. Assists Retention Specialist to ensure policyholder retention.
2. Works with Management and the Technical Services Administrator to successfully complete training curriculum and develop knowledge of products and services. Continues on-the-job training by working with Management and other staff members.
3. Builds relationships with new and current customers and proactively cross-sell other NCMIC products and services to meet their business needs.
4. Accurately enters call data into computer systems.
5. Works closely with prospective customers to determine coverage needs, provide accurate quotes and assist with application process.
6. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education: High School degree, some college preferred.
Experience: 2 or more years related experience, preferably in insurance, customer service or a college degree
Skills: Requires excellent analytical, problem solving and decision making skills. Requires excellent interpersonal and telephone skills and ability to navigate various company computer systems. Ability to develop extensive knowledge of company products and services. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Requires obtaining Property and Casualty Lines license within the first four months of employment and Life, Accident and Health License within one year. Requires the ability to meet insurer appointment criteria to represent the company as applicable.
Mental Demands: Must have the ability to focus on task for extended periods of time. Must be flexible and have the ability to work with a variety of tasks and employees. Ability to plan, organize, be detail and deadline oriented and maintain a high accuracy rate.
Physical Demands: Continuous sitting for extended periods of time, some standing, walking, bending and reaching. Frequent use of fingers and hands to manipulate computer, telephone and other office equipment.