NCI is a leading provider of enterprise solutions and services to U.S. defense, intelligence, health and civilian government agencies. NCI's AI solution, Shai(tm), scales humans with artificial intelligence by empowering the workforce to meet their mission by using best in class AI solutions coupled with our exceptional service offerings. Working with strategic partners, NCI is committed to bringing commercial innovation to missions of national importance. NCI is a mid-tier systems integrator headquartered in Reston, VA, and operates at locations across the globe.
NCI has been designated a 2020 Military Friendly Employer by MilitaryFriendly.com
NCI: As a User Accounts Management Technician, you will play an active role in controlling network access for approved users. You will work directly with other groups in the Defense Information Security Agency’s (DISAs) Joint Service Provider (JSP) environment to ensure all network accounts are properly maintained in accordance with Department of Defense (DoD) directives and Information Assurance (IA) initiatives. You will also maintain full ownership of tickets throughout their lifecycle as it relates to Tier II and Tier III level incidents. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Creating, modifying, and disabling network accounts in the JSP environment via Active Directory.
- Managing shared drive access and security groups, privileged accounts, external accounts, and home drives to ensure proper compliance.
- Identifying, isolating and resolving technical issues experienced by end-users utilizing support documentation, prior knowledge and experience, as well as resources contained in the JSP knowledge base.
- Escalating end-user requests to the appropriate support teams for incidents and service requests that cannot be resolved based on the teams’ available resources, or if the team lacks the required permissions or access necessary to complete the necessary remediation tasks.
- Documenting all troubleshooting steps and procedures along with the resolution, when applicable.
- Bachelor's in Information Technology field or 8 - 10 years of equivalent experience, or a Master's in Information Technology field.
- Clearance (required at performance start date): active Secret level security clearance
- Current Information Assurance (IA) certification: Security+ or higher (CAP, CISSP (or Associate), CASP CE, CISM, GSLC)
- Active Directory administration and/or account management experience.
- Experience working in fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Familiarity with Remedy ticketing software
- Help Desk Institute (HDI) or Microsoft certifications or Server Plus cert desired.
- Top Secret clearance, obtainable.
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
- Sitting for long periods
- Standing for long periods
- Ambulate throughout an office
- Ambulate between several buildings
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. NCI is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.