As an Information Assurance/Cyber Security Engineer - Subject Matter Expert (GEF Surge Support), you will provide services in support of the U.S. Army Network Enterprise Technology Command (NETCOM). In support of the NETCOM Global Enterprise Fabric (GEF). You will provide operational and technical engineering support for the implementation, testing, integration, interoperability, and sustainment of information technologies support that support the GEF Army/NETCOM Enterprise.
Highlights of responsibilities
- Cultivate and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders, including end-users, project managers, engineers and senior staff members.
- Translate subject matter terminology into business terms and recommend alternatives to both senior management and engineering teams.
- Provide Information Assurance solutions and support to the LWN/Army DoDIN and Joint Information Environment (JIE) architecture and UC efforts related to GEF engineering, integration, testing and monitoring.
- Provide Information Assurance support during system configuration, integrations, and stabilization of security mitigations and intrusion control mechanisms at Army Post/Camp/Station.
- Establish and perform engineering trend and traffic analysis.
- Execute Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG), standardizing security protocols within networks, servers, computers, and logical designs to enhance overall security. Implement, enhance security for software, hardware, physical and logical architectures to further reduce vulnerabilities.
- Assess DoD Information Systems against the RMF security controls (IAW) Department of Defense (DoD) Instructions 8500.01 and 8510.01, NIST SP 800-37, 800-53, and 800-53A, Army Regulation 25-1 and 252, US Army Best Business Practices (BBPs) and applicable NETCOM Tactics, Techniques & Procedures (TTPs).
- Identifies mitigating factors for identified risks and proposes additional mitigation strategies for identified vulnerabilities.
- Evaluate a wide array of IT devices for Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) compliance using ACAS/ Nessus, SCAP Compliance Checker, and manual checklist reviews. This includes Windows, Solaris, and Red Hat Linux servers and desktops, routers, switches, firewalls, IDS, etc.
- Submit findings input into the Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Services (eMASS) system or other Army approved tracking database.
- Provide engineering solutions and engineering deployment documentation, such as; Service Design Plans (SDP); System Test Plans (STP); Enterprise Technical Procedures (ETP); Systems Validation Traceability Matrix; Systems Build Guides; Engineering Implementation Plans (EIP); Functional Requirements Document (FRD); draft list of materials (LOM) for acquisition; packaging for deployment; Risk Management Framework (RMF) Security Plan.
- Establish system software and hardware baseline.
- Provide configuration management support.
- Current Information Assurance (IA) certification (required at performance start date): IAT II (CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+CE, SSCP). IA Certification Category and Level (IAW DoD 8570.10-M and BBP 05-PR-M-0002).
- Clearance (required at performance start date): IT Level II (in accordance with AR 25-2) Secret.
- Bachelors Degree 10 15 years experience.
- Current Computing Environment (CE) certification: Cisco Certified Network Professional or VMware Certified Professional6-Network Virtualization (VCP6) certification or equivilant.
- Have a strong foundation and understanding of VMware virtualization, architectures, networking and design using the latest virtualization, storage, and cloud technologies.
- Have a solid background and expertise in enterprise NetOps management tools I.E. Systems Management System (SYSMAN), CA Spectrum, System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), System Center Operations Manager (SCOM).
- Experience in all aspects of CyberSecurity in a VMWare and HyperV virtual environment and working knowledge of the following operating systems and applications: Linux, Microsoft.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Additional Computing environment certification (MCSE, CCNA-Security, CCSP, CCNP-Security, CEH, etc).
- Experience with and a working knowledge of CX-I and SIPRNET data center operations and functions such as but not limited to IT continuity of operations and disaster recovery (COOP/DR) strategies and planning and service delivery.
- Experience in Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems, virtual machines (VM) and stand-alone servers to include directory services, messaging, access control processes, and integrating application servers into the GMN Black Core environment.Experience with virtualization technologies in Operating Systems (OS), Network, Storage Area Network (SAN), and security devices.
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
- Sitting for long periods
- Standing for long periods
- Ambulate throughout an office
- Ambulate between several buildings
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required
- Travel by land or air transportation 25%
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. NCI is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Software Powered by iCIMS