NCI: As anAdministrative Support Specialist IV (HR Support (Military) for Army Program Executive Office (PEO) at Fort Belvoir, VA, you will support the Resource Management Directorate. You will use your understanding of Military Human Resources to support the PEO in the areas of Confidential Personnel Records, Information Systems and Automation Support, In & Out Processing, DEERS/Identification Card Management, Soldier Readiness Processing, Daily Personnel Accountability, Soldier Actions, Promotion Processing, Reassignment Processing, Officer/Enlisted Personnel Actions, Casualty and Line of Duty Management, Strength Management, Administrative Services, Transition Processing, Retirement Services, and Conducts Annual Reviews of the Personnel and Finance Records using the Records Review Tools in iPERMS. Visit http://www.peosoldier.army.mil/. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Effectively handle routine customer inquiries via telephone and email
- Refer customers to the appropriate work center
- Coordinate with supported unit administrative personnel
- Conduct Soldier interviews
- In-process and out-process Soldiers using a standard checklist
- Access standard automated systems such as eMILPO, TOPMIS II, iPERMS, EDAS, INPROC/OUTPROC, TRANSPROC III,
- Update emergency casualty documents and enlisted/officer data elements,
- Scan and transmit document images for electronic filing,
- performs DEERS administration and issues Command Access Cards (CAC) from RAPIDS system.
- Conduct effective briefings on basic HR topics,
- Review documents for completeness and accuracy, identify and resolving discrepancies
- Support the annual records review,
- In-processing Records Review and Separation Records review by verifying and uploading receipt of KSDs that support records upkeep and pay entitlements into iPERMS
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in U.S Military Human Resources (42A)/Military Personnel Administration and Office Administration.
- Requires personal computer (PC) knowledge leading to proficiency in various software and/or spreadsheet operations.
- Must be customer service-oriented and general knowledge of the processing of Soldier personnel related actions.
- Candidate should have strong oral communication skills both verbal and written, must be team player, dependable and possess a professional attitude and demeanor.
- Time management skills, ability to interact with all personalities within a military environment, and demonstrated problem solving skills are strongly desired.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a favorable background investigation report (NACI II) for eligibility to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC)
- Working knowledge iPERMS software program
- Competence in MS Office tools.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Education and Experience:
- High School AND 10yrs translatable experience OR
- Associates field AND 7yrs translatable experience OR
- Bachelor in non-directly related field AND 5yrs translatable experience OR
- Bachelor in directly related field/ AND 3yrs translatable experience OR
- Masters in non-directly related field AND 1yr translatable experience OR
- Masters in directly related field
- Active DoD Secret clearance.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Knowledge of the U.S Military Personnel records system (eMILPO).
- Knowledge of the DEERS/RAPIDS, EDAS and perNET system.
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
- Sitting for long periods
- Standing for long periods
- Ambulate throughout an office
- Ambulate between several buildings
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required
- Repeatedly lift and carry weight up to 25 pounds
- Travel by land or air transportation 5%
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. NCI is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Software Powered by iCIMS