NCI:As the Claims Analyst, (Claims Analyst I) in Henrico, Virginia, you will have experience in working with case management of medical records, abstraction, and following policies for obtaining missing/incomplete medical record documentation. Your experience with medical records, knowledge of what constitutes required documentation in inpatient/outpatient medical records, physician office records, laboratory/radiology, and other types of medical records will provide first level expertise in clinical documentation review. ICD-10-CM/CPT-4 coding experience is also invaluable as well. Upon hire, on-the-job training will be given in our Richmond, VA office.In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Utilize medical record knowledge and experience in order to determine complete medical records.
- Apply knowledge of ICD-10-CM and CPT-4 coding in order to determine services rendered.
- Sort and notate medical record layouts, formats, and abstraction for a variety of medical settings.
- Bachelors degree and 0-5 years of relevant experience, or Associates degree and 2-7 years of relevant experience, or HS Diploma and4-9 years of relevant experience.
- At least two (2) year of experience in clinical documentation review/abstraction.
- Works under general supervision; typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Medicaid/CHIP experience
- LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse), CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor), CDIP (Certified Documentation Improvement Practitioner), RHIT (Registered Health Information Technician), CPC (Certified Professional Coder), CCS (Certified Coding Specialist), CCS-P (Certified Coding Specialist - Physician), or CCA (Certified Coding Associate) are preferred.
- Previous experience with review of Medical Claims and medical record requests.
- Previous utilization review experience.
- Sitting for long periods
- Standing for long periods
- Ambulate throughout an office
- Ambulate between several buildings
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required
- Repeatedly lift and carry weight up to 15 pounds
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. NCI is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Software Powered by iCIMS