NCCPA History and Mission
Established as a not-for-profit organization in 1975, the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) has certified over 115,000 physician assistants (PA) in the United States. As the only certifying agency for PAs in the U.S., NCCPA (www.nccpa.net) is dedicated to serving the interest of the public by providing certification and recertification programs that provide confidence in certified PAs who provide millions of patients with access to affordable, high quality care. As the physician assistant profession continues to grow, so does our need to add to our highly qualified dedicated team at NCCPA.
Voted one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2019!
Benefits and Perks
- NCCPA employees enjoy a standard work week of 37.5 hours, Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- NCCPA offers a competitive compensation and benefit package for our valued employees. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, health reimbursement arrangement, life insurance and short- and long-term disability coverage. In addition to time off for holidays, our employees enjoy a generous paid time off program for vacation, personal and sick time, flexible time, and telecommuting.
- Other benefits include a robust 401(k) plan, profit sharing as well as flexible spending, and tuition and health club reimbursement programs. We also offer a complimentary snack bar.
- NCCPA offers Educational Reimbursement up to $5,250 per calendar year and extensive opportunities for Training and Professional Development Reimbursement.
Under minimal direction from management and senior software development staff, the Software Developer II will leverage highly organized and structured software development skills to design, code, test and support scalable, object-oriented and test-driven applications using Microsoft technologies. The person in this position will use creativity and advanced problem-solving skills to independently solve moderate to complex problems.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop, extend, test, and maintain enterprise-level application built on Microsoft Technologies. This includes both project and support work. Package, configure and deploy software.
- Investigate and resolve application issues, as needed.
- Participate effectively in relevant aspects of software development lifecycle (SDLC) including planning, construction, testing, reviews and demonstrations. Collaborate with team to design, develop, test and refine deliverables.
- Collaborate with product owners, customers, architects and business analysts to develop and review requirements and design. Provide input into technical design documentation.
- Work with software development architects to ensure designs and developed solutions meet overall goals and provide input and technical details to be encompassed in technical specification documents.
- Provide accurate estimates of development tasks to be used for project management and release scheduling.
- Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries from others regarding the systems and technologies they support.
- Provide input to testing to aid in quality assurance, user acceptance and regression test cycles.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent.
- 4 or more years of experience in the development and implementation of client/server and web-based applications.
- 3 or more years of experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle including requirements gathering, design, development, testing, implementation and support.
- 3 or more years of experience developing for Microsoft SQL Server.
- 2 or more years of experience developing web sites using ASP.NET (Web Forms and MVC).
- Experience with WinForms development.
- Experience with WPF UI design.
- Experience with MVVM design patterns or similar architectural patterns.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) or similar reporting solution.
- Experience converting business requirements to technical design documents.
- Understanding of industry tools and technology and how their implementation affects project goals.
- Knowledge of object-oriented and test-driven development concepts.
- Understanding of data integration problems, including validation and cleaning of data.
- Familiarity with Agile SDLC methodologies.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, handle multiple priorities and respond completely and accurately to deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with Vue.js
- Exposure to SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Exposure to SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS).
- Exposure to Microsoft Azure technologies.
- Experience with Team Foundation Server or Visual Studio Online/DevOps is desirable.
***This is not a remote position. Candidates should be in or willing to relocate to the Metro Atlanta area.***
Principals only. No recruiters or staffing agencies please