NCCPA History and Mission
Established as a not-for-profit organization in 1975, the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) has certified over 115,000 physician assistants (PA) in the United States. As the only certifying agency for PAs in the U.S., NCCPA (www.nccpa.net) is dedicated to serving the interest of the public by providing certification and recertification programs that provide confidence in certified PAs who provide millions of patients with access to affordable, high quality care. As the physician assistant profession continues to grow, so does our need to add to our highly qualified dedicated team at NCCPA.
Voted one of Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2019!
Benefits and Perks
- NCCPA employees enjoy a standard work week of 37.5 hours, Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- NCCPA offers a competitive compensation and benefit package for our valued employees. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, health reimbursement arrangement, life insurance and short- and long-term disability coverage. In addition to time off for holidays, our employees enjoy a generous paid time off program for vacation, personal and sick time, flexible time, and telecommuting.
- Other benefits include a robust 401(k) plan, profit sharing as well as flexible spending, and tuition and health club reimbursement programs. We also offer a complimentary snack bar.
- NCCPA offers Educational Reimbursement up to $5,250 per calendar year and extensive opportunities for Training and Professional Development Reimbursement.
Under minimal direction from management, the Change Management Specialist I will leverage highly organized and structured technical writing and change management skills to document requirements, design, and deliver user documentation and training materials. The person in this position will apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities as well as use creativity and advanced project management and process improvement skills to support organization readiness for change initiatives. Provide hands-on support for cross-functional and multi-disciplined projects and initiatives.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Conduct needs assessments, comparing current state to future state, that inform decisions about the best use of employee resources.
- Implement communications and training strategies designed to support organizational change. Determine and measure change metrics to gauge effectiveness of the strategies.
- Create training materials and user documentation.
- Create, track and report out on project status. Facilitate project related meetings, such as requirements gathering, project review and demo and user acceptance testing meetings. Take and distribute minutes.
- Participate in the business process re-engineering discovery sessions to identify key change impacts and prepare related documentation.
- Conduct engagement and readiness assessment with end users impacted by the change.
- Collaborate with information technology and business personal to streamline operations and foster awareness of change strategies. Create awareness of change by assisting in creating and implementing comprehensive communication plans for all levels of the business.
- Assist internal departments in including change management strategies into their overall plans.
- Assist with special projects company-wide.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Business or Technology.
- 1 to 3 years of experience supporting change management for business and technology projects.
- 1 to 3 years of project management experience.
- Experienced with project management approaches, tools and phase of the project lifecycle.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, handle multiple priorities and respond completely and accurately to deadlines.
- Ability to develop and manage a project plan/work plan.
- Ability to develop well organized user guide’s, online help, job aids and other materials.
- Ability to build training assessments and analyses, report on and act on assessment data.
- Ability to gather project requirements and develop project requirements documentation.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships and foster collaboration.
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common goal or vision.
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis identification skills
- Strong Business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
- Proficient in at least 1 user documentation tool.
- Proficient in at least 1 training material development tool.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational, meeting planning coordination and project management skills.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree.
- Certified Change Management Professional (CCMP), Change Management Specialist (CMS), Certified Problem and Change Manger (CPCM), or similar
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
Principals only. No recruiters or staffing agencies please