Job Number 47111BR
Job Title Senior Network Operations Engineer
Business Segment Operations & Technology
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU's vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It's what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
Country United States
City Universal City
- B.S. degree in Information TechnologyTechnical discipline or equivalent work experience (10+ years)Cisco CCNP and CISSP or equivalent certification
- Expert level knowledge of routing and switching concepts and technologies. Must have subject matter expertise in core routing/switching, load balancing, firewalls, proxies, Active Directory, DNS, VoIP, Videoconferencing and/or unified communications. Must be capable of providing at least L2 level support for each of these listed technologies.
- Working experience with scripting technologies. Emphasis on network monitoring and automation.
- Strong project management, documentation, organizational and communication skills are required.
- Experience in virtualization technologies, Cisco ACI, AWS, Azure, SDN, SDWAN a strong plus.
- Senior level industry certifications in networking, security and all other relevant domains are preferred.
- Position provides onsite support a Los Angeles during normal business hours and on call support for all global escalations during these hours as part of a "Follow the Sun" support model. Off-hours support will be required on a rotating basis.
- CCISP experience a plus
- Media and entertainment experience experience a plus
- Expertise working on a team with motivated cross-functional individuals
- The ability to work with demanding customers
- The ability to work as part of a team and share knowledge
- Business Acumen
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work across platforms and with various support teams
- Project management skills
- Ability to digest requirements from various teams and customers and relate those requirements into a meaningful project plan
- The ability to recommend areas that require focus and the ability to relates that focus into a work stream
- Must be a team player
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.