Qualifications/RequirementsCore Qualifications and Experience:
• • 2+ years of experience with MongoDB or other comparable NoSQL databases,
• • 2+ years experience gathering requirements using OO analysis techniques and tools,
• • Familiar with all parts of the LAMP stack in which WordPress runs,
• • Able to perform maintenance tasks such as update WordPress version, plugins, themes with roll-back strategy,
• • Experience migrating WordPress sites across environments,
• • Plus, familiar with scaling WordPress instances in containerized environments such as Kubernetes,
• • Deep understanding of microservice and container based design patterns and architectures,
• • Experience using technologies such as RabbitMQ, Redis, and ElasticSearch is a plus,
• • Experience in modern Agile Methodologies (SCRUM and or Extreme) is a plus,
• • Experience in modern front-end technologies such as React or Angular is preferred,
• • Experience in a collaborative, team-driven software engineering environment,
• • Team player with strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills,
• • Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
About UsAt NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
GolfNow, a division of Golf Channel is the internet’s largest online tee time reservation service, trusted by more than 1.5 million golfers. Using leading-edge technology, GolfNow provides more ways for golfers to stay connected to their favorite golf courses and tee times through the web, e-mail and mobile applications. As a partner to golf courses, GolfNow provides turnkey solutions to their operations (www.golfnowsolutions.com) with the main areas of focus on:
• • Online marketing, POS and distribution of tee times
• • Web hosting, development and customer management solutions
• • Revenue optimization, database expansion and other course products
NoticesNBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.