NDH, a boutique Tax & Accounting firm, is seeking an energetic Tax Consultant to support our growing tax practice in our Chicago office.
The candidate will be a tax generalist that manages tax preparation for complex business, individual and trust federal and state income tax returns, researches and analyzes complex tax issues, identifies and implements tax planning and consulting opportunities, and works closely with the lead tax partner on sophisticated M&A transactions. Excellent communication skills are valued as candidates will frequently draft memos and correspond with clients and taxing authorities. Candidates will have the opportunity to learn from an entire team of talented tax professionals as well as develop younger associates. Candidates with the requisite skill set will have opportunities for annual advancement.
We are accepting resumes consistent with the following background and ability:
- Minimum of five year’s experience at a regional, national or multi-national accounting firm;
- An accounting degree from an accredited four-year university;
- CPA certification required;
- A strong ability to manage client and internal expectations, grow client relationships and lead staff;
- Experience with Lacerte tax software is helpful but not required;
- Excellent analytical and technical skills, including exposure to family office, multi-state, and flow-through taxation.
- Success in prior work experience with the ability to self-manage & prioritize assignments and client interface;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
We are a competitive professional services firm with high expectations for our staff. Our offices are conveniently located in the heart of the loop in Downtown Chicago. We offer market-rate salaries and excellent benefits (medical, 401k with company contribution, unlimited vacation, working meals, and more) . If you're interested in working with talented and motivated professionals in an entrepreneurial, deadline-driven environment, we encourage you to apply.