NDH offers paid internships to support our various service lines. The internship can be part-time (minimum of 20 hrs/week ) or full-time depending on the candidate’s availability. The candidates must have a strong work ethic and an understanding of accounting principles, demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities, and have excellent communication and client service skills.
The candidates will work directly with partners & staff to perform a variety of tasks, such as: prepare business, individual and trust income tax returns, research and analyze complex tax issues, and respond to routine tax notices. Additionally, candidates may have the opportunity to assist with various tasks related to our back-office accounting services, such as prepare financial statements, provide analysis on trends and key metrics, and effectively present to clients. Excellent communication skills are valued as candidates may correspond with clients and taxing authorities under supervision.
NDH provides a flexible and stimulating work environment for our interns with direct involvement & interaction with its partners. Candidates that demonstrate hard work, enthusiasm, and ethical behavior will have excellent opportunity for continuous employment and advancement in the firm.
We are accepting resumes consistent with the following background and ability:
- Currently enrolled in an accredited four-year university or graduate program, with a major or focus declared in Accounting, Finance, Tax or other related business field.
- Minimum basic coursework completed in their declared field, with a minimum GPA of 3.3.
- Minimum commitment of 20 hours a week.
- A demonstrable interest in tax with related job or classroom experience.
- Proven understanding of transactional accounting and entries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Please submit your resume and cover letter. Please also indicate your availability to start and approximate number of hours available to work per week. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.