- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Accounting Assistant - All components of accounts payable, some payroll assistance and general accounting support all other functions of the Finance department. The role will report to the Associate Director of Finance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Update payroll records for changes in insurance coverage and other voluntary deductions, and time and effort allocation.
- Process all benefit-related forms for new hires and existing employees with qualified life status changes; update employee rate changes in internal database and determine appropriate payroll deductions.
- Reconcile monthly benefit invoices for accuracy and assist with year-end audit reconciliations.
- Generate a variety of reports or queries, utilizing appropriate reporting tools, with accuracy and completeness (earnings, deductions, vacation and sick time awarded and taken, disability etc.).
- Prepare payroll related journal entries and provide general ledger support, including Form 941 payroll expense reconciliation.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Uphold HR/payroll best practices adhering to strict confidentiality requirements and protection of sensitive data.
- Review all invoices and related documentation and ensure appropriate approval prior to processing for payment.
- Process checks and other payment requests timely and accurately, including data entry into QuickBooks general ledger as needed.
- Monitor how expenses are coded by departments, to ensure consistency with operating budget.
- Responsible for the daily processing of invoices in Bill.com
- Respond to vendor inquiries; research and correct any discrepancies.
- Maintain files and records in accordance with company policy and best accounting practice.
- Assist with the annual audit.
- All other duties as assigned or deemed necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Associate degree in Accounting (experience will be considered in lieu or in additional to a degree)
- Minimum of 5 years progressive work experience in payroll and accounts payable.
- Previous non-profit industry experience desired.
SALARY & BENEFITS
Salary range is from $21/hr - $25/hr. Comprehensive benefits package includes health and dental insurance.
NCJW IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
At National Council of Jewish Women, we are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and accountability. We honor the wisdom, insights, perspectives, and experiences of diverse viewpoints, and recognize that many critical voices have been underrepresented in Jewish organizational life and nonprofit organizations as a whole for too long. We welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunity employer and recruit, hire, train, promote, compensate, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, culture, age, creed, disability, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, or any other protected status.
We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with NCJW. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NATIONAL COUNCIL OF JEWISH WOMEN
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at NATIONAL COUNCIL OF JEWISH WOMEN