The Production Supervisor is responsible for the general supervision of certain phases of manufacturing operations. This candidate will work closely with the production teams to increase productivity and profitability within the manufacturing department.
· Provide overall responsibility and leadership for the successful day-to-day operation of the assigned department.
· Maintain and support a superior safety culture and ensure all members of the manufacturing team are aware of safety policies to provide a safe workplace for our employees.
· Provide leadership for Production Associates in terms of safety, service, quality, output and cost.
· Responsible for product quality, delivery reliability, cost control, and asset utilization.
· Work closely with Operations Manager to assist and provide strategic and tactical leadership, achieve financial and business objectives and develop capital and annual budgets.
· Work closely with quality personnel to review product consistency while monitoring scrap rates to determine trends and areas of improvement.
· Assist Operations Manager in the monitoring of operation expenses and explore ways to reduce costs while maintaining product quality.
· Analyze workforce requirements, and identify opportunities for growth.
· Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching and guidance to direct reports.
· Continue the development of a manufacturing team which is organized, motivated, skilled and disciplined.
· Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment.
· Remove waste and constraints from the production process to improve efficiencies and enhance productivity.
· 3-5 years progressive operational leadership experience in a manufacturing facility, preferably in a job shop environment.
· Previous experience and solid understanding of safety systems, safety culture and enforcement of safety rules and policies.
· Strong computer skills including the ability to prepare spreadsheets and use Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Power Point and/or Access) to analyze data and trends.
· Experienced in implementing and using continuous improvement/lean tools such as Six Sigma, 5-S, and lean manufacturing to drive improvement.
· Established leadership, team building and coaching skills.
· Demonstrated ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills.
· Excellent planning, organization and presentation skills.
· Solid communications and interpersonal abilities.
· A strong ability to be adaptable and flexible.
· Strong analytical and decision-making skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work with teams and lead decision-making processes in a team environment.
· Highly motivated, results oriented, driven.
A Bachelor's Degree in Operations, Business, Engineering, or similar field is preferred.