NASC is currently searching for Software Engineers to support system integration and improvement of acoustic sensors on U.S. NAWC Aircraft. Working with moderately complex software programming applications to develop, modify and maintain sensor integration with acoustic sensor systems. This position participates in design and embedded systems coding activities with other staff members. Assignments may involve designing and documenting data structures and algorithms to include signal processing, participating in code reviews, providing technical assistance to team members, reviewing technical documentation, providing software design recommendations, and establish programming standards.
- Use mathematical, statistical, and scientific logic to identify conceptual or theoretical solutions to problems of automated data processing (ADP) hardware or software systems design and operations.
- Analyze and formulate architectural and functional specifications, interfaces, and data structures.
- Research applications for ADP hardware, software, and operating systems.
- May require acting as a team lead to supervise other software engineers.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Systems Information Management, Electrical Engineering or Mathematics.
- At least 3+ years of computer science experience, developing/writing code.
- Candidate must have strong knowledge of computer hardware and software systems including, but not limited to Solaris UNIX, Aonix UNIX, SunOS, Linux, Linuxworks, LynxOS, Microsoft DOS, Microsoft Windows, mass-storage devices and/or local area networks (LANs).
- Candidate must have the ability to develop software using structured top-down methods in a variety of languages including Java, C++, SQL, and/or the UNIX Command Language using the UNIX SDE.
- Candidate must have a current secret clearance.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance