Permanent SES Position available at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt, Maryland Safety and Mission Assurance Directorate
The Safety and Mission Assurance Directorate is seeking to hire a Deputy Director for SMA, Code 300. As the Deputy Director, selectee will be responsible for not only acting for the Director in his/her absence, but a number of other duties including but not limited to:
· Providing administrative and technical recommendations to the Director of SMA related to mission, budget, and staffing requirements of the Directorate.
· Managing the development and execution of Directorate policies, plans, and procedures for the implementation of the assurance program for GSFC managed flight and ground systems projects.
· Determining appropriate Directorate and Center responses to policies and requirements promulgated by the NASA HQ, Associate Administrator.
· Serving as the focus for cross-Directorate decision making relative to appropriate assurance activities during the entire life of a project.
· Providing independent assessment of flight readiness for each GSFC mission to the Center Director prior to launch.
U.S. citizenship required. The position is at the Senior Executive Service (SES) level (salary $166,501 to $177,800). In order to be considered, you must submit a resume completed on the USAJOBS site which must address all items under Executive Core Qualifications (ECQs) as well as all items under Technical Qualifications. To view the full vacancy announcement which contains further information, including qualification requirements and how to apply go to https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/533645000.
Applications on the USAJobs website must be received by the closing date, 6/12/2019.
NASA, GSFC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.