- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Job Location: Hauppauge NY
Narda-MITEQ is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. Narda-MITEQ provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
The Quality Engineer is a critical role in our organization, responsible for supporting Narda-MITEQ’s Quality Management System (QMS), driving improvements, and maintaining compliance throughout the organization. As an AS9100 accredited organization, Quality has extensive visibility and prominence at Narda-MITEQ. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, detail oriented, a team player, and capable of working closely with Production, Quality, Sales, Customer Service, and Engineering in meeting Narda-MITEQ’s customer commitments.
Essential Duties and Functions:
- Work with the Operations, Inspection, Manufacturing Engineering and Supply Chain to address issues daily.
- Be data driven to assess processes, take measurements, and interpret data to facilitate continuous improvement in manufacturing operations.
- Report to the Quality Manager on Quality issues, metrics, and/or trends to support Management Reviews and improvement initiatives.
- Investigates the cause for discrepancies and nonconformities to develop disposition and recommend corrective action plans.
- Execute Assigned NCMRs, CARs, SCARs and Customer Complaints, leveraging help from other functions. Drive root cause analysis to ensure permanent fixes.
- Administers Material Review Board (MRB).
- Serves as guide for external third-party audits, complete FAI reports and support customer source inspection as needed.
- Serve as the primary interface to customers and suppliers for quality related matters.
- Evaluate and make recommendations on critical supplier selections and drives supplier continuous improvement processes, including leading on-site audits, evaluating prototypes, and reviewing and approving of supplier corrective actions.
- Answer questions and provide direction to inspectors on quality related topics.
- Executes AS9100 Compliance Activities (Internal and External Audits, Training).
- Conducts internal audits and work cross functionally to resolve any findings through Corrective Actions.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering and a minimum of 6 years of prior relevant experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experienced with Failure reporting, analysis, and corrective action system (FRACAS).
- Working knowledge of AS9100.
- Six Sigma / DMAIC problem solving knowledge preferred.
- Familiarity with requirements of IPC-A-610, MIL-STD-883, J-STD-001 highly desired but not required.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Proof of employment authorization will be required. Narda-MITEQ is not required to sponsor applicants for work visas. As this position will require access to export controlled information, only applications from “U.S. persons” within the meaning of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and Export Administration Regulations will be considered. Narda-MITEQ is not required to seek export license for applicants who do not meet this requirement.
Narda-MITEQ is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Narda-MITEQ is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local laws. Narda-MITEQ maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Narda-MITEQ, is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Narda-MITEQ career website because of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by contacting Denise Nocerino, email@example.com
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?