- Posted: over a month ago
Job Title: Manager, Planning
Job Location: Hauppauge NY
Narda-MITEQ is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. Narda-MITEQ provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
Responsible for effectively managing and coordinating the activities of the Planning Department to meet company production and revenue goals. Utilizes strong problem solving and analytical skills to develop and implement strategies to improve efficiencies and throughput. Takes a lead role in the communication of requirements and issues requiring support from other departments to resolve issues and meet Customer requirements. Provides leadership and direction in schedule preparation and execution. Represents the department in senior level meetings that drive the direction of the organization. Supports new initiatives that improve product quality, reduce waste, and increase profit. The selected candidate must have the ability to perform the essential duties & responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
- Manages the Planners in the execution of their duties as well as leading the planning process and scheduling. This includes the verification of adequate staffing levels and resources to meet monthly shipping goals.
- Works with the Planners to ensure work orders are released on time short free to meet customer delivery requirements
- Achieves Planning operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews. Prepares and executes short- and long-term plans of action, measures and optimizes production productivity and customer-service standards. Resolves problems, identifies trends; determines system improvements and implements change.
- Establish and monitor key performance metrics
- Prepares management information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing production data and trends. Prepares weekly reports summarizing Planning operations and events.
- Drive demand by forecasting requirements for standard products and commonly used parts.
- Ensures available production capacity is being utilized at optimum levels. Identifies capacity constraints and works with production management to resolve those constraints.Manages production priorities by reviewing production output and new requirements. Interfaces with Sales / Order Processing group to resolve customer issues relating to delivery.
- Monitors the material requisitioning process and timely approval of material required by Production.
- Monthly review and reporting of inventories levels (Parts/WIP/Finished Goods). Establish and implement inventory strategy to meet the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of the process, practices and systems used in MRP and assist in the resolution of ERP/MRP issues.
- May perform other departmental duties as necessary or any other assignment given by Supervisor within reason.
- Minimum of 10 years’ management experience in Planning with a strong background in Production Control, Warehousing and Materials Management in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent organizational, analytical, decision making, and communication skills are a must.
- Familiar with DOD, FARS/DFAR’s, and Government account not essential but preferred
- Must be a problem solver, excellent multitasking abilities, proficient with data input, and have strong math skills.
- Able to manipulate database data in spreadsheets using advanced Excel concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in business) or equivalent, APICS certification a plus.
- MRP/ERP systems (Visual Manufacturing preferred) experience required
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Proof of employment authorization will be required. Narda-MITEQ is not required to sponsor applicants for work visas. As this position will require access to export controlled information, only applications from “U.S. persons” within the meaning of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and Export Administration Regulations will be considered. Narda-MITEQ is not required to seek export license for applicants who do not meet this requirement.
Narda-MITEQ is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Narda-MITEQ is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local laws. Narda-MITEQ maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
As an equal opportunity employer, Narda-MITEQ, is committed to a diverse workforce. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access the Narda-MITEQ career website because of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by contacting Denise Nocerino, email@example.com
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?