Indian Health Clinic Manager - $3500 Hiring Bonus
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
NARA Northwest has been serving Native Americans/Alaska Natives for over 30 years. We make a difference in the Portland Community! NARA uses traditional concepts in a holistic approach while using modern therapy practices. We are "Mission Driven, Spirt Lead". Currently we are looking for talented Medical Clinic Manager to enhance our team. Why work for NARA Northwest? The culture. The medical team. Our Benefits which includes 15 paid holidays a year plus medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid sick leave and vacation to name a few. We are a growing agency with an excellent reputation!
Our Indian Health Clinic Manager is responsible for healthcare delivery and staff supervision at the primary care clinic, located at 703 NE Hancock, Portland Oregon. The Clinic Manager works cooperatively with other program departments in conjunction with Health Director to provide integrated health services.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Plan, manage and implement delivery of primary health care services, in conjunction with Clinical Management Team.
- Ensure that health care services meet or exceed funding source requirements, county, state, and federal regulations and Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations standards.
- Supervise and monitor performance of the healthcare, front desk, and medical records staff as well as volunteers and interns in conjunction with Health Director.
- Leads hiring process of direct report staff under Clinic manager.
- Maintain compliance NARA NW’s Quality Assurance Plan and ensures that quality assurance and methodology is maintained in all elements of health care service delivery.
- Maintain and adhere to Medical Policies and Procedures and other administrative policies and procedures according to state and federal regulations and standards of care.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal licensing agencies, such as Oregon Board of Medical Examiners, and Oregon Board of Nurse, Oregon Board of Pharmacy and compliance with OSHA and CLIA.
- Maintain fiscal control over the health care services and authorizes expenditures for health care activities and expense.
- Facilitate and coordinate staff meetings.
- Participate or attend on behalf of health director internal NARA meetings which may include medical leadership, QI/QA, compliance, management meetings, provider meetings, P &T, infectious control and safety.
- Attend and represent NARA NW at community meetings pertaining to health care services as directed by Health Director.
- Attends management meetings and other internal organizational meetings as director by Health Director.
- Works and coordinates with other program directors.
- Submit program progress reports as required by funding source as needed or as directed by health director. Assists Health Director in submission of applications and reports of grants and other proposals.
- Participate in on-call service coverage.
- Bachelor’s degree in health-related field
- Three years of paid experience in field of health care, including at least three years in the paid managerial capacity supervising at least five staff members.
- Knowledge and experience demonstrating competence in planning and budgeting, fiscal management, supervision, personnel management, employee performance assessment, data collection and reporting.
- Accessibility for 24-hour emergency calls.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with clients, the community, and other staff members.
- Work collaboratively with clients, other NARA staff, team members, and to treat everyone with respect and dignity at all times.
- Experience working within the Native American/Alaska Native community is considered a plus
NARA is fully committed too and promotes sobriety. Our agency follows federal guidelines for Controlled Substances in accordance (Title 5, Code of Federal Regulations, part 731 (5 C.F.R. part 731). All employees are required to pass a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug test.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age. Within scope of Indian Preference, all candidates receive equal consideration. Preference in hiring is given to qualified Native Americans in accordance w/the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Section 472 &473).
NARA NorthwestWhy Work Here?
NARA has been around for 30 plus years servicing the Native American/Alaska Native community.
703 NE Hancock PortlandPortland, OR
HealthcareView all jobs at NARA Northwest