- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Have you been looking for an organization where you can grow while doing what you love? If so, join our expanding dental clinic as a dental assistant. As one of our dental assistants you’ll assist our dental professionals with the daily operation of the dental clinic, in accordance with NARA’s health and wellness objectives. You’ll be able to take pride in what you do while ensuring that the provision of dental health services take place in a professional, efficient, and non-biased environment.
- Assist Dentist at chair side, utilizing basic and expanded function dental assistant techniques
- Pass instruments and materials to, and retrieve from, the Dentist
- Maintain aseptic condition during surgical procedure, stabilizing tissue, cutting sutures and checking for signs of patient distress such as fainting or shock
- Assist Dentist by operating dental x-ray equipment, taking intraoral and digital radiographs, developing and mounting film, or storing them in appropriate electronic file
- Complete required sterilization procedures
- Provide instructions on basic dental care or post-operative care as instructed by Dentist
- Participate in other activities related to dental hygiene education
- Certified Dental Assistant certificate or EFDA certificate; EFDA preferred
- Radiology certificate REQUIRED
- First aid and CPR certificate required
- Minimum of one year of work experience in a Dental Assistant position
- Knowledge of disease prevention and basic dental techniques
- Knowledge of various dental instruments, ultrasonic, sterilizer, x-ray machine, and panoramic x-ray machine
- Ability to remain sedentary for undetermined lengths of time
Our agency follows federal guidelines for Controlled Substances in accordance (Title 5, Code of Federal Regulations, part 731 (5 C.F.R. part 731). All employees are required to pass a pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug test.
NARA NW is fully committed to supporting sobriety. All employees must agree to model sobriety, both on and off the job, including no alcohol drinking, no illicit drug use, no marijuana use, and no prescription drug abuse behavior. If in recovery, must have been sober/clean for a length of time sufficient to demonstrate that will be able to model sobriety.
EEO/AA Employer/Vets/Disabled/Race/Ethnicity/Gender/Age. Within scope of Indian Preference, all candidates receive equal consideration. Preference in hiring is given to qualified Native Americans in accordance w/the Indian Preference Act (Title 25, US Code, Section 472 &473).
COVID-19 considerations: The Native American Rehabilitation Association of the Northwest, Inc. (NARA) now requires that anyone working for NARA be fully vaccinated from COVID-19.
Get fresh Dental Office Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.