Counter Sales Associate Full Time
NAPA Auto Parts West Yellowstone, MT
- Posted: over a month ago
SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE:This position acts as primary point of contact for NAPA’s retail and wholesale customers. A person in this position is responsible for ensuring sales by determining customer need, assisting in securing necessary parts, maintaining personal and store image, and ensuring customer receives a good experience.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (Position may include additional functions not listed.)*
- Establish and maintain good relations with NAPA customers.
- Demonstrate a professional attitude, conduct and appearance.
- Implement appropriate sales practices such as greeting customers, demonstrating product knowledge, and ability to quickly understand customer’s needs.
- Maintain customer satisfaction by serving all customers, securing right part, and resolving customer issues.
- Maintain point of sale computer abilities by learning and applying how to use catalog and system, practicing asset security/loss prevention controls, and understanding store’s pricing methods.
- Provide sales support functions by processing salespersons’ stock orders, reporting overages/shortages/damaged merchandise, and ensuring good appearance of store and displays.
- Maintain accurate invoicing, transaction records and matching proper parts with customer needs.
- Assist in receiving/stocking incoming merchandise, deliveries, and inventory or promotions as required.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the store retail area.
- Perform other assignments and duties as assigned.
- Valid Driver’s License required. Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) must meet driving requirements set by Dyna Parts.
- Previous retail sales experience preferred.
- High school diploma, or equivalent, preferred.
- Capable of operating TAMS point-of-sale system and cataloging.
- Ability to process cash, check, and credit card transactions.
- Capable of recognizing and distinguishing letters and numbers (both visually and aurally) and remembering their sequence.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy as well as ability to multi-task and is self-motivated.
- Capable of lifting and moving merchandise of up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to move engine blocks, core barrels, and other heavy equipment using moving aids designed to move such items, including hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc.
- Ability to bend or stoop to floor-level shelves and be able to reach upper shelves (eight feet) with use of stool or ladder when necessary.
- Ability to stand and walk for entire work shift.
- Ability to speak clearly and listen attentively.
NAPA Auto Parts
AddressWest Yellowstone, MT
RetailView all jobs at NAPA Auto Parts