The Battery Specialist is responsible for moving ordered parts and products from the store location to various customer premises throughout the work day. This position is a key contact point with wholesale customers and is accountable for punctual, accurate deliveries, ensuring invoice accuracy, maintaining charged battery inventories, keeping an accurate delivery log, and providing excellent, courteous service in a precise but friendly manner. This position is accountable for promoting the NAPA line of battery products and maintaining established accounts via specific delivery and/ battery rack maintenance routes. This position helps sustain the stocking dealer customer base while promoting battery and other services, and is the primary link between assigned accounts and the store.Pay rate: $13 start, may be higher depending on experience.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Establish and maintain good relations with NAPA customers
- Provide courteous, efficient, and professional delivery service using store vehicle
- Conduct deliveries in a safe and timely manner
- Check invoices to ensure that ordered batteries were correctly pulled for delivery
- Maintain an accurate, detailed delivery log
- General cleaning and maintenance of the delivery vehicle
- Assist with general store straightening and inventory as required
- Follow all safety rules, especially handling hazardous materials and battery charging systems
- Perform other associated duties assigned by management
A minimum of a high school diploma is required for this position; any post-high school or technical training is helpful, especially in electrical, automotive or repair industries. Training or certification in delivery driving is helpful. Any combination of education and experience in a retail or whole environment that requires delivery to customers can meet general requirements. Physical Work Environment and Lifting Requirements:
Persons working in this position must be capable of loading, driving and unloading a delivery vehicle used to transport parts and accessories to customer premises. They must be capable of lifting and moving batteries/ parts weighing up to 60 pounds and must be able to move heavy items, such as large batteries, core batteries, core barrels, and other heavy materials and equipment with the help of other individuals or with moving aids designed to move such items, including hand trucks, barrel dollies, hydraulic lifts, etc. Incumbents must be able to bend or stoop to floor-level shelves and be able to reach upper shelves (eight feet or more) or into large vehicles with use of stool, step device or ladder when necessary and must be able to drive, lift, carry, stand and walk for entire work shift.