This is exciting opportunity to join our incredible Indianapolis team!
The Practice Administrator will assist the Physicians in the supervision and operation of the business aspects of the physicians' office and will be able to work independently and prioritize work. The Practice Administrator will manage a variety of general office activities by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Clinical Support Functions:
• Supports clinical functions to prepare patient for examination or procedure.
• Conducts a standardized patient interview per office protocol, collects data to support initial patient assessment.
• Alerts physician and/or nurse to any patient complaints, especially those that are life threatening and abnormal vital signs.
• Reviews labs drawn for any critical and/or abnormal results, alert physician and/or nurse of results.
• Provides patient education as directed by a physician regarding treatment, special diets, medication, follow-up on diagnostic tests and healthy lifestyle information, documents response.
• Calls pharmacy refills and patient callbacks as directed by office protocol and as directed by a physician.
• Document calls, correspondence and encounters with patient within established guidelines.
• Trains clinical staff on office procedures, lab procedures/requirements, with ability to fill-in for Medical Assistants in clinic when needed/appropriate
• Maintains contact and relationships with drug vendors.
• Assists physicians on coordination of ICD-10 codes when needed.
• Schedules access placements, biopsies and hospital admissions.
Office Support Functions:
• Supervise, train and orient assigned office personnel on procedures and office operations; participates in selection and performance evaluations with the Physicians, NANI Directors and Human Resources.
• Analyzes and organizes office operations and procedures including timekeeping, personnel, information management, filing systems, requisition of supplies, physician office assistant, and other clerical services.
• Assists in the development and implementation of policies and procedures for all operational areas of the physician office; ensures adherence to the established policies and procedures.
• Responsible for overseeing the ordering of clinical and office supplies.
• Works with Credentialing Manager with the paperwork associated with credentialing compliance
• Responsible for adherence to all HIPPA regulations and monitoring of HIPAA/Compliance.
• Proficient with EMR software, procedures and requirements.
• Interface with the Sr. Director of Operations to resolve issues related to the physician office.
• Maintains current knowledge base on billing, coding, insurance regulations and the medical billing system; assures appropriate dissemination of this information.
• Maintain service orientation with staff, patients, physicians and the public.
• Maintains strictest confidentiality with relation to NANI business and personnel.
• Conducts on-going internal control audits to assess adherence to policy and procedure.
• Maximizes office productivity through proficient use of appropriate software applications.
• Formulates procedures for systematic retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
• Coordinates activities of various clerical and/or nursing workers within practice.
• Maintains contact with corporate and outside vendors.
• Other duties may be assigned
• Graduate of a bachelor’s or other four year degree program.
• HIPAA compliance
• 5-8 years experience in the field or related area
- Previous clinical experience is a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software products and NextGen a plus
• Proficiency in ICD-10 coding
Why Work Here?
Strong Management, exceptional benefits including paid time off, paid holidays and 401k with match for full time employees