Akima Support Operations \(ASO\), LLC, an Akima Company, provides logistics, facilities maintenance and operations, transportation and support services for mission\-critical military installations and civilian agencies around the country\. From the homes of U\.S\. Central Command and U\.S\. Special Operations Command to the highways of suburban Virginia, ASO experts and professionals work behind the scenes to ensure smooth and continuous operations\.
- Performs services and repairs at the maintenance facility \(Bldg\. 1940\) and road service \(on site repairs\) and vehicle recovery\. Road service shall include the performance of minor repairs and adjustments, repairing/changing tires, above 3,500 series truck, jump starting/replacing batteries, and other services as required to return the equipment to an operational status
- Perform minor acetylene and electric arc welding
- Repair and service air conditioning, heating, engine\-cooling, and electrical systems
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrications, and tune\-ups
- Follow checklists to ensure all important parts are examined, including belts, hoses, steering systems, spark plugs, brake and fuel systems, wheel bearings, and other potentially troublesome areas
- Test drive vehicles, and test components and systems, using equipment such as infrared engine analyzers, compression gauges, and computerized diagnostic devices
- Examine vehicles to determine extent of damage or malfunctions
- Provide maintenance support includes operations, system troubleshooting, engineering, design, installation, analysis, maintenance and repair of U\.S\. systems and subsystems to component level
- Be proficient with a variety of hand tools, diagnostic tools, power tools, multi\-meters
- Effectively apply industry and/or military standard troubleshooting procedures to isolate faulty system components
- Effectively applies industry and/or military standard troubleshooting procedures to isolate faulty system components
- Clean work areas and shop, using air hoses, brooms and motor sweepers
- Other duties as assigned
- Shall have a high school diploma or GED\. Possession of or ability to obtain, within six months, ASE, T\-2 Diesel Engines, T\-4 Brakes, T\-5 Suspension & Steering, A/C Section 609ASE certification and a CDL license with passenger endorsement
- Welding IAW American Welding Society \(AWS\) standards preferred\.Heating/cooling \(preferred\), Hydraulics \(preferred\), Marine motors \(preferred\), Suspension/alignment systems \(preferred\)
Weare an equal opportunity employer\. All applicants will receiveconsideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, nationalorigin, gender or gender\-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation,veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basisprohibited by law\.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonableaccommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities\. If youhave a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying foremployment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for aposition please contact, Recruiting Services at job\-assist@akima\.com or 571\-353\-7053\. Reasonableaccommodation requests are considered on a case\-by\-case basis\.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individualswith disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open positionusing our website\.
Pleasedo not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the statusof your job application\.
Inorder for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, pleaseapply on line\. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying onlineunless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance withthe online application\.
Job: Maintenance & Repair
Primary Location: US\-NY\-West Point
Shift: Day Job
Req ID: ASO01055