Job Title Engineering Tech lV/V - Electronic Fabrication
Auto req ID 17657BR
Full / Part Time Full-Time
Employment Type Regular
Country United States
Job Introduction Akima Infrastructure Services, LLC (AIS), is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. AIS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customers mission. Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
Successful candidates will be employees of AIS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly-motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance the missions of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, CA. Though employed by AIS, the employee will take day-to-day direction from technical personnel employed directly by the research laboratories. Pay, benefits, Human Resource, and Employment Management functions are provided by AIS.
Under general supervision, the successful candidate will provide general manufacturing and installation support to various Institutional Projects and Programs. The successful candidate will supporting manufacturing and installation efforts including: installation of facility infrastructure including Cat5/Cat6, fiber optic and wireless network systems, installation of electronic displays and electro-mechanical systems, electronic fabrication and packaging and mechanical fabrication of boxes, panels, and parts.
This position may require the successful candidate have the flexibility to work overtime, shift and or weekends to accomplish goals. The successful candidate will be required to pass various on-site training modules to pursue work assignments.
- Working from layouts, diagrams and verbal instruction - participate in the fabrication, modification and installation of network and electro-mechanical systems and components.
- Install terminate and test fiber optic and Cat 5/6 network infrastructure and equipment.
- Configure and install wireless network access points and sensors.
- Install cable trays and mounting hardware as required using hand and power tools.
- Make facility modifications to walls,floors and ceilings in support of installation activities.
- Work from ladders to access and install equipment and network infrastructure.
- Perform all assignments in accordance with Environment, Safety, Health, Quality, Security, and business practices,requirements and policies.
- Propose solutions and alternate approaches to solve moderately complex fabrication and installation problems and tasks and seek engineering or supervisor support for clarification.
- May be required to operate a forklift.
- May be required to wear a respirator for protection related to asbestos and silica generating activities.
- May be required to operate scissor and man-lift in association with work activities.
- AA degree in Electronics, Mechanical, or Manufacturing Technology or related technology or equivalent combination of education and 4+ years of experience related to the essential skills knowledge and abilities below.
- Experience installing wired and wireless network infrastructure
- Experience terminating, testing, troubleshooting and repair of Cat5, Cat6 network cables as well as single mode and multi-mode fiber optics.
- Experience working in a customer service/field support environment.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret drawings and blue-prints.
- Demonstrated ability to lead work teams and train coworkers to complete tasks safely and efficiently while producing high quality results.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyze, negotiate, and solve problems.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Current or previous industry recognized certification in fiber optic terminations.
- Experience with installation and testing of systems and equipment in accordance with building codes.
- Experience with a variety of machine tools including band saw, drill press, press brake,shear, mill, lathe, grinder, table saw and tap bench.
- Working knowledge of CAD software.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-employment drug test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: Q (position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion,creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply fora position please contact, Recruiting Services, email@example.com or 925-960-0353.
Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis. The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance applying to the position via the online application.