Sous Chef \- UAA Dining Services
Built on a culture ofsafety and integrity, NMS delivers award\-winning, integrated support servicesto a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services,security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U\.S\. We are proudto serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal,state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions,schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation andtelecommunications industry\. Our clients have peace of mind knowing we arecommitted to delivering best\-in\-class service, and we bring creativity,technology and experience to every project\. Our mission is to providemanagement and support services at a level of quality, value, safety andexpertise beyond our clients' expectations\. At NMS, we expect our employees tofulfill that mission in every aspect of their work\.
The Sous Chef positionis responsible for the preparation, production, and quality presentation of avariety of foods\.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served\.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures\.
- Prepares a variety of proteins such as wild game, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment\.
- Knowledge of traditional foods\.
- Ensures all catering activities and services are provided in a high quality, consistent, and cost\-effective manner\.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station\.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes\.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off\-peak periods as needed\.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement\.
- Meets with supervisors to discuss daily menus, issues, and problems\.
- Supports an effective safety program\.
- This position may be responsible for the supervision of staff\.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Management Team\.
- Other duties that arepertinent to the department or unit's success also may be assigned\.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED equivalent\.
- Must have or obtain a Municipality of Anchorage Food Handler's Card or ServSafe Certification contingent upon 30 days of hire\.
- Must have three \(3\) years of related work experience\.
- Must be able to work independently and complete assignments in a timely manner\.
- Must have knowledge and training in using a variety of food production equipment\.
- A valid Driver's License and an acceptable driving record for the past three \(3\) years to be eligible under NMS' vehicle insurance policy
- Contract requires employees to speak, understand, read and write English\.
Weather: Indoors: environmentally controlled; requires most or all work to be doneinside\.
Descriptionof environment: This is an industrial kitchen/cafeteria environment located ona university campus setting\.
Physicalrequirements: Employee is required to lift and/or move up to 50lbs\.Frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands/fingers to handle or feel,climb, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk/hear, see, taste/smell, and carryweight/lift\.
Safetyguides our behavior\.
Honestyand integrity govern our activities\.
Commitmentsmade will be fulfilled\.
Allindividuals are treated with dignity and respect\.
Theenvironment will be protected and sustained\.
EqualOpportunity Employer/Shareholder Preference
NMS isan equal employment opportunity employer\. All qualified applicants will receiveconsideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteranprotected status or any other characteristic protected by applicablelaw\. NANA grants employment preference to shareholders of NANA and theirspouses and descendants to the extent allowed by law\.
It isNMS policy to conduct background checks, drug testing and a physicalassessment, as applicable, once an offer has been accepted, in accordance withcompany and/or contract requirements\.
If youare a job seeker with a disability and require accessibility assistance or anaccommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request bytelephone or via email\. In order to appropriately assist you with anaccommodation, we ask that you please specify the assistance needed in order toaccess our job site and post for a position\. The dedicated email and telephonicoptions are listed below and are reserved only for individuals withdisabilities needing accessibility assistance\.
Torequest an accommodation by telephone, contact us at: 1\-800\-478\-2000
Torequest an accommodation by email, contact us atrecruiting@nana\.com
Job: Food Preparation & Service
Company: NANA Management Services
Primary Location: US\-AK\-Anchorage
Closing Date \(Period for Applying\) \- External: Jul 27, 2019, 11:59:00 PM
Req ID: UAA00480