- Posted: over a month ago
NMS in Paul Smiths, NY is looking to hire a full-time Security Officer. Do you enjoy interacting with the community and providing excellent service? Are you ready to take your career to the next level with a stable and respected company? If so, please read on!
This on-campus position earns a competitive wage of $17/hour. We provide fantastic benefits, including medical, dental, vision, a flexible spending account (FSA), a 401(k), life insurance, and an employee assistance program (EAP). If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today!
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A SECURITY OFFICER
As a Security Officer, you have the important role of ensuring safety at the Paul Smith's College campus as well as a variety of other businesses in the area. Examining doors, windows, and other areas, you make sure they're secure. If you ever find property damage, you report and record that information. You monitor assigned areas and patrol the perimeter, whether in a vehicle or on foot inside the facilities.
You're able to use your customer service skills to handle uncomfortable situations calmly. This may include de-escalating situations, warning violators of rule infractions, or responding to emergencies. You also issue ID badges as needed. Providing health, safety, and security is our #1 priority, and you feel good about the part you play in making it happen!
NMS: OUR MISSION
Built on a culture of safety and integrity, we strive to deliver award-winning support services at a level of quality, value, safety, and expertise beyond expectations. Creating a positive experience for patrons of our college is important - it's the motivation behind what we do. Our incredible employees fulfill this mission every day.
Our company is represented by five generations! We're extremely committed to maintaining a diverse employee community. We are located in the cozy hamlet of Paul Smiths, NY, which is a perfect place for lovers of the outdoors with adventurous spirits. Taking care of our team is a high priority, which is why we offer competitive pay, great benefits, and plenty of opportunities for growth!
QUALIFICATIONS FOR A SECURITY OFFICER
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- At least two (2) years of security, law enforcement, or military experience
- A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years to be eligible under NMS' vehicle insurance policy
- Must have a State of New York Security Guard License.
- Must be able to cooperate and work as part of a team with fellow employees, customers, and clients.
- Must be able to make decisions in the moment with little to no supervision.
- Must be able to be on your feet for 8-12 hours per shift for the scheduled rotation.
- Contract requires employees to speak, understand, read, and write English.
- Must meet and adhere to all safety guidelines and regulations set forth by the company and client.
- This contract requires all employees to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Individuals that are offered positions and are prevented from being vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons will work closely with human resources to evaluate their specific situations.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather: Indoor/Outdoor. Frequently exposed to both cold and hot weather conditions.
Noise level: Moderate to loud
Description of environment: This is a public environment college campus environment.
Must constantly be able to stand, walk, climb, push, pull use hands and arms, stoop, kneel, and crouch.
Physical requirements: Must be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.
Are you a strong and clear communicator? Can you represent our company in a professional manner? Do you have a friendly disposition along with outstanding customer service skills? If yes, you might just be perfect for this college security position!
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR ON-CAMPUS TEAM?
If you feel that you would be right for this Security Officer job, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We look forward to meeting you!
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
NANA Regional Corporation
AddressPaul Smiths, NY
Real EstateView all jobs at NANA Regional Corporation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?