IBM Tivoli/AIX Engineer \- Senior
TUVA, an Akima, LLC company provides turnkey solutions that offer better systems, tools, and methods to further your goals, reduce costs, and streamline operations\. From requirements analysis, design, and implementation to operations and training TUVA's personnel are well\-versed in best practices across Enterprise IT, Mission Support Services, and Specialized Technologies\.
The individual will be engineering IBM Tivoli Storage/AIX solutions for HQ USMEPCOM\.
IBM Tivoli Storage solutions for HQ USMEPCOM\. In addition, the candidate will be required to serve as a subject matter expertise and design expert in the assigned area of responsibility\. The individual must be familiar with IBM Tivoli Storage/AIX Management technologies\. The candidate must have familiarization with design concepts, engineering, analysis and securing various IBM Tivoli Storage/AIX systems\.
- 10 years of IT experience in IBM Tivoli Storage engineering\.
- DoD 8570\.01\-M IAT Level II \(Security \) certification and associated CE certificate\.
- Possess an IBM Certified Administrator - Tivoli Storage Manager V6\.3 certification or higher\.
- Possess an IBM Certified Administrator - Tivoli Monitoring V6\.2\.3 certification or higher\.
- U\.S\. citizenship required with ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance\.
- Possess IBM Certified System Administrator - AIX 6\.1 certification\.
- Experience/certification in one or more of the following services: IBM AIX Server technologies and applications\.
- 10 years of experience in design and engineering support of IBM Tivoli Storage\.
- 3 years of experience engineering, design, implementation, maintenance, performance monitoring, backup and restore, support in IBM AIX server's\.
- Fluent using command line and AIX scripts automation, configuring AIX custom features and modifications\.
- Technical degree relevant to position description\.
- Comfortable transforming AIX scripts to RHEL\.
- Familiar with virtual environments, Hyper V, Suse VmWare, NetApp, EMC\.
- IBM Tivoli Storage a plus\.
- Experience maintaining integrity and security of IBM AIX server's\.
- Knowledge of IA controls\.
- Strong troubleshooting and conflict resolution skills\.
- Experience with Army IT Systems\.
- Secret clearance desired\.
- Relocation assistance is available\***
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position\. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required\.Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary\.
We are an equal opportunity employer\. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender\-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law\.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities\. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at job\-assist@akima\.com or 571\-353\-7053\.
Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case\-by\-case basis\.The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website\.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application\.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line\. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance applying to the position via the online application\.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: US\-IL\-North Chicago
Shift: Day Job
Req ID: TUV01285