Job Title Cleanroom Custodian
Auto req ID 17526BR
Full / Part Time Full-Time
Employment Type Regular
Country United States
Job Introduction Akima Infrastructure Services, LLC (AIS), is actively seeking individuals who can contribute to national security within the science, technology, and engineering fields as part of our supplemental labor team at vital federal research and development installations supporting the Department of Energy. AIS has an established history of contributing to the success of their customers mission. Available employment opportunities may range from administrative and logistical support to advanced technical positions.
Qualified applicants must be a US citizen, at least 18 years of age, and able to meet pre-employment requirements including any required physicals, drug screen, and/or background investigation to satisfy clearance requirements from the Department of Energy.
Successful candidates will be employees of AIS, a premier government contractor charged with employing highly-motivated and well-qualified personnel who can advance the missions of the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, CA. Though employed by AIS, the employee will take day-to-day direction from technical personnel employed directly by the research laboratories. Pay, benefits, Human Resource, and Employment Management functions are provided by AIS.
This position is supporting the National Ignition Facility (NIF) which is the world's largest and most energetic laser facility ever built. NIF is also the most precise and reproducible laser as well as the largest optical instrument. The giant laser has nearly 40,000 optics, which precisely guide, reflect, amplify, and focus 192 laser beams onto a fusion target about the size of a pencil eraser.
The Facilities Group supporting the National Ignition Facility and Photon Science (NIF&PS) Directorate has an opening for a Cleanroom Custodian. Under general supervision, the Cleanroom Custodian will interact with coworkers, building clients, and Facility Point of Contacts within NIF&PS Directorate Facilities. The successful candidate may perform general custodial in addition to cleanroom custodial job duties. The successful candidate will report to the NIF Facilities Operations Logistics Manager.
Due to the vast and varying types of experiments, NIF is a 24/7 operational facility. This position may require the successful candidate to have the flexibility to work overtime, shift and or weekends to accomplish goals. This position may also require working alternate schedules such as 4/10's or 12 hour shifts. The successful candidate will be required to pass various on-site training modules to pursue work assignments.
- Clean all cleanroom areas, including Class 100,000 to Class 100 cleanrooms, following prescribed cleaning procedures.
- Demonstrated ability performing floor care maintenance including sweeping, mopping and vacuuming, stripping, and refinishing hard surface floors and cleaning carpets.
- Remove trash and other refuse; dust equipment furniture or fixtures removing particulate down to the submicron size as applicable.
- Maintain cleanroom and general custodial equipment.
- Work at heights up to 65 feet utilizing safety harnesses, slings, and baskets.
- Provide good customer service.
- Responsible and accountable for performing tasks in accordance with ES&H regulations and procedures and fulfill all Integrated Safety, Security and Property Management responsibilities as appropriate.
- Operate instruments for evaluation of cleanroom status such as particle counters, particle swipe analysis, and also perform measurement samples (swipes and nonvolatile residue).
- High School Graduate, GED, or equivalent.
- Experience performing a variety of custodial assignments, such as cleaning floors, furniture, and fixtures.
- Ability to work at heights up to 65 feet utilizing safety harnesses, lifts, scaffolds, etc.
- Operate all equipment associated with floor care maintenance including but not limited to mechanical scrubbers, wet and dry vacuums, floor finish applicators, high-speed polisher and burnishes.
- Ability to work with hepa vacuums, chemical mixtures of water, acetone, or alcohol.
- Must have sufficient communication skills to receive, understand, and comply with verbal work assignments and specific detailed safety instructions.
- Effective communication skills to interact with customers, coworkers, and facility personnel.
- Experience maintaining or working in Cleanrooms.
- Experience with computers.
Pre-Placement Medical Exam: A job related pre-placement medical examination may be required.
Pre-employment drug test: External applicant(s) selected for this position will be required to pass a post-offer, pre-employment drug test.
Anticipated Clearance Level: Q (position will be cleared to this level). Applicants selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or matter. In addition, all L or Q cleared employees are subject to random drug testing.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We are Equal Opportunity Employers. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services, firstname.lastname@example.org or 925-960-0353. The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance. Please do not use the dedicated phone number above to call on the status of your job application if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.