Built on a culture of safety and integrity, NMS delivers award-winning, integrated support services to a variety of clients in food service, facilities management, camp services, security and hotel management in Alaska and the continental U.S. We are proud to serve not only our original oilfield clients, but also clients from federal, state and local governments, corporate facilities, healthcare institutions, schools and universities, manufacturing centers, and the transportation and telecommunications industry. Our clients have peace of mind knowing we are committed to delivering best-in-class service, and we bring creativity, technology and experience to every project. Our mission is to provide management and support services at a level of quality, value, safety and expertise beyond our clients' expectations. At NMS, we expect our employees to fulfill that mission in every aspect of their work.
Exceptional people with enthusiasm and innovative spirits allow NMS to consistently exceed the expectations of our customers, improving the quality of daily life at every business we serve. NMS is owned by NANA Development Corporation and Sodexo USA. This Chef Manager position is accountable for the management and efficient operation of an assigned food service facility. Chef Manager are also responsible for the preparation, production, and presentation of a variety of foods, completion of production sheets and with other associated food service activities. May need to be available for nights and weekends as needed for sporting events, catering and banquets.
The successful applicant for this position will either live in or be willing to relocate to Dillingham, AK.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs a high quality, cost effective general kitchen and food preparation operation.
- Working closely with various clients, plans a variety of balanced, attractive, and menus or food/service options.
- Develops appropriate recipes and makes sure all required supplies, resources, and materials are purchased, ordered, and available when needed.
- Maintains excellent client and employee communications and relations to continuously improve the quality of provided services, resolve problems, and facilitate the acceptance and implementation of new services.
- Directs, schedules trains, supervises leads, evaluates, coaches, and develops assigned personnel to keep them informed and motivated.
- Plans and implements an effective staff-training program.
- Makes sure the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all assigned employees are defined and understood.
- Takes positive actions to facilitate the employment of NANA shareholders.
- Develops, maintains, or approves various administrative matters or materials such as budget expenditures or development, operational reports, cost analysis or records, time sheets, payroll matters, personnel or accounting materials, work schedules, etc.
- Documents positive steps regularly taken to implement an effective safety program.
- Continuously seeks to improve the quality of assigned activities.
- Assures a high degree of sanitation is observed in all assigned areas and responsibilities.
- Conducts special demonstrations, special events, or theme activities.
- Consistently demonstrates professional skills in efficiently carrying out assigned activities, using all forms of communications, handling of change, developing employees, solving typical problems, and making decisions.
- Periodically physically performs all types of high volume food production and preparation duties and fills in for absent employees.
- Performs various inventory and quality control tasks as well as completes various inspection checklists.
- Directly supervises assigned supervisors and employees.
- Supervisory Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Other duties that are pertinent to the department or unit's success also may be assigned
- The Chef Manager will have extensive, formal culinary training, including culinary certification, with particular emphasis on recipe development, menu development, and food/beverage cost control and inventory management.
- At least five (5) years of responsible experience as a food service manager.
- Prior experience must evidence supervisory skills and knowledge of food preparation, and quality control procedures.
- The ability to operate basic office equipment and software programs to include email, Excel, Word, etc.
- Certain sites may require health, food service, or sanitation certificates.
- Certain positions require a valid Driver's License and an acceptable driving record for the past three (3) years to be eligible under NMS' vehicle insurance policy.
- Preference will be given to individual with a minimum of five (5) years of consecutive employment in similar operations with comparable responsibilities.
- Preference will be given to those candidates with national culinary certification(s).
- Preference will also be given to those with prior work experience in a high production setting
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Weather: Indoor/Outdoor (Occasional exposure to extreme weather)
Noise level: Moderate
Office conditions: Pace of work environment: Medium
Customer Interaction: High
Description of environment: Hospital kitchen
Frequently required to walk and stand. Occasionally required to lift, pull and push. Rarely in cramped or confined spaces and climbing.
Physical requirements: Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
NMS Core Values
Safety guides our behavior.
Honesty and integrity govern our ...