NAL is seeking a highly motivated Product Sales Lead focused on government and military sales for our core products: “SHOUT” Handheld Devices, Tracking Terminals, and Modems. This individual can work remotely, but will need to come to the Manassas, VA office periodically for meetings. NAL is expanding and deepening its sales coverage to include both US and international government and military markets. This expansion will take advantage of the strong and growing demand for satellite based tracking and communications capabilities to deliver guaranteed high-quality service anywhere on the globe. Our business development and sales team is great at building relationships, understanding customer needs, and translating and communicating how our products can fulfill those needs.
To be successful, the selected candidate will use a “high-frequency” sales approach coupled with a background selling communications hardware products, ideally for satellite and wireless systems and service. You will help drive long term company strategies while delivering short term revenue wins. In this role, you will report directly to the NAL president and work alongside company leadership, business developers, and fellow sales team members to craft strategies to open target market niches, develop new prospects, and expand our support to existing accounts.
Required/Desired Knowledge, Experiences, and Skills:
- 5+ years of sales experience providing solutions to public and/or private sectors
- Experience selling communications products into government and military markets (satellite or other wireless specifically desired) in US and/or international markets.
- Knowledge and experience with US and/or international government organizations and how they relate to one another
- Detailed experience managing the sales cycle, creating partnerships, and establishing advocacy with customers
- Ability to formulate, present, negotiate, and support visual storytelling across all levels of organizations
- Strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and work well with others
- Ability to effectively translate knowledge of the defense industry and new technology trends into satellite solutions for customers
- Active US government security clearance
- Excellent writing and communication skills with experience presenting to government and industry executive decision makers
- Superior organizational and analytical skills with keen attention to detail and quality
- Proficiency using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proven track record in meeting established sales goals with little to no supervision
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and execute a personal “laser-focused” individual sales plan each year
- Grow the opportunity pipeline through high-frequency active prospecting within the existing government-military sector as well as adjacent markets/customers (enterprise & NGOs)
- Diligent and timely identification and qualification of new business opportunities leveraging current products, customer connections, and inter-company collaboration
- Meet and exceed individual revenue targets for the month/quarter/year by capitalizing on an active pipeline and the ability to close high-value sales
- Conduct well-structured customer calls and visits focused on understanding their needs and developing the background to propose the right product mix
- Establish and maintain long lasting key account relationships
- Conduct industry research in support of strategic sales plans
- Monitor market for need to modify pricing to meet sales objectives and profit goals
- Create and make sales presentations to existing and new accounts
- Attend and coordinate trade shows
- Travel with little or no supervision, as much as 50%.
- Manage large accounts using excellent project management skills
- Complete timely and succinct trip and status reports
- Assist and provide input with sales forecasting
A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Marketing, Business, Engineering, Finance OR a field relevant for successful performance of the essential functions of this job description is preferred, but not required.
NAL Research Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Due to the nature of the work and the environment in which it is performed, all successful applicants must be U.S. citizens with the ability to obtain a security clearance. NAL Research Corporation offers a generous employee benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, disability, and a 401(k).
Please submit a cover letter with salary expectations, along with a resume.