(Nonprofit) Director of Information Technology
- Expired: May 27, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) is seeking a Director, Information Technology. NAEYC is a professional membership organization that works to promote high-quality early learning for all young children, birth through age 8, by connecting early childhood practice, policy, and research. NAEYC advances a diverse, dynamic early childhood profession and supports all who care for, educate, and work on behalf of young children.
Reporting to the Chief Operating and Finance Officer, the Director, Information Technology (IT) is responsible for directing the organization's IT operations; managing the development, implementation, and support of the IT program at NAEYC as a strategic asset; and ensuring the department provides efficient and effective technical support services. The IT Director provides key leadership to staff, IT support vendors, and technology supported projects and initiatives; oversees internal resources and external managed service provider (MSP) teams for cloud services (Azure and MS365), unified communications, network services, servers and storage platforms, security, service monitoring, and helpdesk support.
- Oversee all technology operations; identify needs for upgrades, configurations, or new systems and report to leadership with recommendations for the purchase of efficient and cost-effective technological equipment and software to optimize IT development and deliverywhile managing the related operating and capital budgets
- Manage the MSP partnership and deliverables and associated internal team members to provide the most effective IT support and technical direction within a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality and service levels that support high functionality and efficiency of technology aligned with evolving needs
- Manage additional IT vendor relationships and deliverables to ensure that NAEYC is receiving the best possible value; provide technical advice regarding other non-IT vendors that utilize IT
- Provide strong project management for IT development, capacity building, and migrations that provide an IT environment that best leverages IT investmentswhile ensuring that engineering, availability, integrity, security, and scalability of all IT systems and policies support established business strategies, mitigate organization exposure and risk, and maintain compliance
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in a Computer Science-related field preferred and/or 10 years of IT experience with increasing management responsibilities
- Minimum 5 years of staff, team, project leadership experience required
- Minimum 5 years of experience planning, designing, building and implementing IT systems that required leading and managing substantial technology projects and technical-supported business initiatives
- Experience in analysis, evaluation and implementation of IT systems and their specifications
- Proven success and experience in developing and managing an IT budget
- Previous experience managing IT helpdesk support and operations in an outsourced, managed service provider environment
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated sound understanding and related knowledge of computer systems: hardware, software, networks
- Deep familiarity with the Microsoft 365 platform and the optimization of associated product/application capabilities
- Proven ability to create and implement IT policies, procedures and systems that meet established objectives
- Ability to manage and motivate people and develop strong organization-wide stakeholder relationships
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal, listening; ability to develop and present complex technical information in lay terms to be user friendly
There are specific physical demands that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. For example, moving throughout a building, handling materials and objects, and communicating freely - writing, speaking, listening. Further discussion and reasonable accommodations will be considered to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Position Designation(s): Business Continuity and Business Operations: indicates that the role is critical to business operations and to physical office operations, may be called upon to be present in the event of an emergency or crisis. This role is eligible for telework. Telework and remote work eligibility is subject to NAEYC's Telework and Remote Work Policy.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - NAEYC is dedicated to providing equal opportunities to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, matriculation, genetic information, disability, or protected veterans status, or any other factor that is a prohibited consideration under applicable.Employment Type: FULL_TIME
TechnologyView all jobs at NAEYC