Manager, Grants and Procurement
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
NISN supports Indigenous communities to transform their education systems. Founded in 2015 as a nonprofit organization, NISN has grown quickly and now manages multiple significant federal and private grants.
We are looking for a Manager of Grants and Procurement to maximize the impact of our available funds. In this role, you will engage schools and communities to understand their needs, manage procurement and purchasing processes to meet those needs, and negotiate contracts with vendors. You will ensure NISN funds are used effectively and responsibly in order to advance Indigenous Education.
Reports to: Senior Director
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico is preferred, but we are open to this being a remote role
Position: Full time, exempt
Salary: The salary range for this role is $49,300 to $66,700. Positioning within this range will be commensurate with experience.
Benefits: NISN offers a competitive benefits package including health, dental, vision, and life insurance; over 30 company holidays; up to 10 days of paid time off and 5 days of cultural leave; and a 401(k) plan with an automatic 3% employer match
NISN transforms Indigenous Education by engaging communities, building networked schools of academic excellence and cultural relevance, and serving Indigenous students from early learning to adulthood so that they are secure in their identity, healthy, and holistically prepared as lifelong learners and leaders in their communities.
We are looking for a quick learner who is excited to work on a fast-paced, entrepreneurial team. Success in this role requires a high level of attention to detail, an ability to build relationships with colleagues, and familiarity with remote-work technology. Our ideal candidate has experience managing large federal grants and running procurement processes that align with the requirements of 2 CFR § 200. We are particularly interested in applicants with connections to Indigenous communities. If you enjoy connecting communities with resources, ensuring compliance, and are looking for an opportunity to advance Indigenous Education, we would love to talk to you!
- Develop and implement procurement and purchasing strategies
- Manage daily purchasing and procurement activities
- Manage relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Negotiate contracts, prices, and timelines
- Prepare cost estimates and manage grant budgets
- Document procurement activities for audit purposes
- Ensure that all procured items and services meet the required quality standards and specifications
- Improve purchasing and procurement systems and processes
- Train new employees in the procurement process
- Monitor sub-awards issued to schools for compliance
- Partner with schools and Project Directors to maximize the impact of available restricted funds
- Support NISN in completing an Indirect Cost Rate agreement with the US Department of Education
- Submit drawdowns for federal grants
- Manage grant timelines and deliverables
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Experience
- Experience leading procurement processes that meet the requirements of 2 CFR § 200.320
- Ability to analyze spending relative to budget and make financial projections
- Exemplary detail orientation, multi-tasking and time management skills
- Strong alignment with NISN core values (Culture, Community/Service, Perseverance, Responsibility, Respect, Reflection)
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Excel and G Suite (Gmail, Google Docs)
- College degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred. A degree in business or accounting is a plus.
- Experience with Indigenous communities strongly preferred
NACA Inspired Schools Network
BusinessView all jobs at NACA Inspired Schools Network