Position: Interior Designer
Reports To: Senior Interior Designer/Project Manager
Date of Revision: 2021
Interior Designer-Entry level position having completed a bachelor's degree in Interior Design. Assists interior design project team with 3-D model drafting, presentation, plans/designs/furnishes interiors of various building types and assists mid to senior level designers with development of design solutions, researches and selects colors/finishes/materials, performs site surveys, and maintains resource materials.
- Regularly perform work under supervision requiring independent judgment and discretion on design and presentation drafting for interior design project including planning, conceptual design, schematic design, and design development tasks
- Apply established interior design standards
- Research interior products and select colors/finishes/materials and document selections
- Maintain resource library and schedule product rep meetings
- Preform site survey and documentation
- Complete routine checking and/or verification tasks
- Competent in computer/aided drawing, presentation tools and basic Revit software
- Incorporate purposeful design to reflect the underlying "story" of the project, including consistent design flow throughout the whole building project, not just the major areas
- Knowledge of interior design concepts, practices, and procedures
- Ability to read architectural drawings
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD required
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suites highly desirable (Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design)
- Proficiency with Sketch Up or Rhino highly desirable (Lumion, Enscape and V-Ray for Sketch up is a plus)
- Strong organizational skills, self-motivated and effective under pressure
- Knowledgeable of industry terminology and standard construction methods / materials preferred
- Strong visual discrimination and extra attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- This position operates in a professional open office environment with low to moderate noise levels including collaborative work areas for team meetings. Each office location has a workstation for scanning/ photocopying and a cafe for dining. Building construction sites may include varying temperatures, wind, dust, and noise levels and may include hazardous and dirty conditions
- Hand/Wrist/Finger dexterity for 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week
- Ability to lift a set of sample materials
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
Position Type/Hours expected to work
- This is a full-time position with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week
- Occasional travel
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Interior Design or related field
- Entry level, minimal experience required
- Sponsorship may be considered
NAC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity employment. As a result, all qualified employees and prospective employees will be recruited, selected, and trained without regard to age, sex, race, color, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. All applicants are carefully screened, and full consideration is given to their training, education, skills, experiences, growth potential and previous work record. This same non- discriminatory consideration will be used in all other aspects of the employment relationship.
NAC will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability to the extent that doing so does not create an undue hardship on NAC, Inc. NAC encourages employees and applicants to communicate any special needs by engaging in an interactive process with NAC to formulate reasonable accommodations.
837 N Spring StLos Angeles, CA
Get fresh Interior Designer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.