NPI Material Planner
N2 Imaging Systems, located in Irvine, CA, is a leading manufacturer of infrared imaging products for military and commercial applications. N2 is a dynamic place to work, with a cooperative, team-oriented workforce that is dedicated to winning new customers and growing our business.
Description Summary: The NPI Planner role is an intricate part our Operation Organization, assisting the operations management before Mass Production Release (MPR). This position supports tactical activities in a Material Planner role for a Manufacturing R&D environment. In this role you will place orders for various types of manufacturing materials and provide high level of Customer Service for internal customers. Follow up on open purchase orders with vendors to ensure timely delivery and communicate with internal customers including tracking and scheduling of deliveries to internal production and outside processing. Plan for production materials (electronic components and mechanical parts) necessary to support on-going manufacturing operations. Determine production material requirements through the skilled utilization of MRP system and related planning methodologies. Plan machine shop capacity requirements and monitor job progress.
- Monitor and control the progress of the Project Plan Logistics. Attend and organize relevant meetings and reviews in order to realize the plan. Represent Operations in cross sector project team.
- Determine the logistic and procurement consequences of proposed plan changes and related actions on project and program level. Report progress and discrepancies to Project Leaders.
- Plan and report on the timely availability of released drawings while following their release process.
- Plan, co-ordinate and administrate the material flow for critical, non-volume materials (parts, proto’s, spares, tools & packaging) in co-operation with Procurement & Material Ordering.
- Manage delivery schedule of prototype materials including order release, confirmation, expediting
- Initiate and coordinate activities of Logistics, Procurement, and Engineering groups to resolve late prototype deliveries
- Create a stable, regular environment for all parts by defining logistic parameter settings in the ERP-system in order to transfer parts to Material Ordering (buys) and Production Planning (makes).
- Provide logistic input for Engineering Change Requests from development and determine necessary actions. Challenge project team to minimize impact of changes to Supply Chain, Factory or Field.
- Work with quality and stock room in planning and implementing engineering changes in production materials.
- Working with production management to determine production requirements.
- Create production work orders and prioritize jobs for production optimization.
- Plan machine shop capacity requirements, monitor job progress, and ensure timely availability of materials.
- Interact with cross functional teams on a daily basis to resolve and prevent bottleneck.
- Plan inventory management processes to avoid shortages and excesses.
- Communicate and maintain production status.
- Perform duties in compliance with applicable ISO 9001:2008 requirements.
Education and/or Certification requirements:
- BSc/ MSc degree in Supply Chain / Logistics, Industrial Engineering, or Business Administration.
- Formal training or certification through APICS is a plus
- Epicor ERP software experience a plus.
Experience / Qualifications:
- At least 2 years of related experience.
- Experience in planning and logistics processes in a high-tech, low-volume environment is preferred.
- Planning skills and ability to execute plans in dynamic and rapidly changing circumstances
- Ability to work under pressure and with deadlines, able to work with multiple priorities is a must
- Flexibility and willingness to deal with change and complexity is highly required
- Interpersonal skills, team-player, but able to work independently and with minimum guidance if necessary
- Assertive, pro-active problem solver, positive thinking and "can do" attitude, self-starter, fast learner.
- Ability to generate complex dashboards, tools, and reports
- Analytical, structure and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and comfortable presenting data to senior management
- Computer Skills: Advanced MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint skills, Good understanding of MRP systems.
- Customer focused and quality oriented
- US Persons Required
Qualified applicants may forward a detailed resume with complete experience history. Those who appear best qualified, based on the written information submitted, will be contacted. N2 Imaging Systems offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO, etc.). N2 Imaging Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce.
N2 Imaging Systems Inc. is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.