Traveling Construction Field Supervisors & Superintendents
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Construction Supervisors (Assistants, Supervisors, & Superintendents) * Short-term & long-term opportunities available
(Travel to multiple locations nationwide – must live within 60 miles of a major airport)
Attention Carpenters: If you’re looking for a challenging role in the Retail Construction industry that allows you to use your supervisory and carpentry skills and includes extensive travel, then this role is for you! N-Store Services, Inc. is seeking a Project Supervisor to grow with our company which recognizes and rewards excellent performance and teamwork. We offer rewarding compensation, travel pay and a bonus program.
Summary: Assist with planning, directing, and when assigned, owning the entire jobsite to provide outstanding customer satisfaction and deliver the project on time and within budget. Effectively communicate, coordinate, and collaborate with the customer, other field personnel, and office teams. Supervise, direct, and manage all subcontractors, company employees, and trades.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent our Company onsite in a professional manner and abide by Company policies and procedures and our Standards of Excellence
- Partner with Project Manager and Project Coordinator for each project to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget and achieve customer satisfaction
- Partner with Field Operations Managers to ensure high quality, efficient field performance and the best solutions for career growth and development
- Network with other Field Supervisors to foster problem solving, team building and a cooperative work environment
- Provide effective and timely communication to the field and office teams at all times to ensure the progress of each project
- Ensure all proposed changes in scope or schedule are clearly communicated to the office team prior to execution and commitment to the customer
- Self-perform general labor and commercial carpentry work in closed- or open-store environments
- Supervise subcontractors performing work from multiple trades along with direct labor, both skilled and unskilled, while assisting and training others as needed
- Evaluate construction drawings/blueprints to effectively lay out the jobsite, interpret sub-trade scope, establish division of responsibilities, ensure productivity, and collaborate with the office team
- Manage equipment/tool and material orders and deliveries in alignment with project schedules
- Resolve jobsite issues and recommend measures to improve productivity and quality of work performed
- Ensure that all required documentation is provided to the necessary personnel within required timeframes such as, but not limited to: job reports with photographs, timesheets and time off requests, receipts, safety meeting forms, etc.
- Maintain a safe, secure and healthy work environment by adhering to company safety policies, protocols, and OSHA compliance
- Minimum of 5 years of professional carpentry/commercial construction experience
- Minimum of 3 years of onsite experience managing multiple trades/subcontractors for retail (or related industry) construction projects equivalent to: Fixture Installations, Remodels and Tenant Improvement projects
- Proficient knowledge in reading and interpreting blueprints with proven capability of analyzing and constructing details as indicated on drawings; understanding of standard and metric units of measure
- Proficient knowledge of building codes and construction safety regulations
- Proficient knowledge of typical construction sub-trade work
- Ability to travel up to 100% extensively nationwide and work day and night shifts
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver’s license and insurance
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in leadership, analytical, problem-solving, organizational, multi-tasking, and management skills
- Proficient in computer technology (Android/Apple), online applications for use in video conferencing and sending emails (Outlook).
- Experience using GoCanvas or construction software applications a plus.
- OSHA 30 Certification preferred
- Proficient in all areas listed below:
- Commercial Construction Skills:
- Store Fixtures – cabinets, gondola, shelving, signage, slatwall, etc.
- Millwork – baseboards, crown, chair/crash rail, laminate, FRP, trim, etc.
- Operating Equipment (Certified) or Vehicles:
- Fork truck, scissor lift, telescopic handlers, etc.
- Trucks, trailers, vans, etc.
- Commercial Construction Skills:
- Use of Construction Tools:
- Hand tools, power tools, jobsite equipment, etc.
- Use of Construction Tools:
· Physical Requirements:
- Flexibility - the ability to climb, balance, walk, bend, stretch, twist, kneel, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs consistently
- Core Strength - the ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without “giving out” or fatiguing, the ability to use muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects
- Manual Dexterity - the ability to quickly and accurately use your hand, or two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects
- Dynamic Strength - the ability to exert muscle force repeatedly or continuously over time; this involves muscular endurance and resistance to muscle fatigue (ex: standing for a long period of time)
- Muscle Strength - the ability to lift weight up to 50 pounds consistently unassisted with arms and legs without difficulty or strain, the ability to lift that weight at full range of motion from floor to overhead and at times may be required to lift heavier weight
- Control Precision - the ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions and react to changing job situations
N-Store ServicesWhy Work Here?
We are an award winning organization made up of people who consistently strive for excellence! Come join a culture of Fun, Growth & Success!
N-Store Services is a national specialty contractor providing a variety of industries multi-site solutions for their construction and maintenance needs. Our services include remodels, refreshes, rollouts, tenant improvements, retail channel installations, programmatic maintenance, store fixture installation, and Design-Build. N-Store Services is a growing and forward thinking organization with a work environment that fosters innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit.
BusinessView all jobs at N-Store Services