Senior Project Supervisor - Retail Construction
N-Store Services Omaha, NE
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
N-Store Services Construction Project Supervisor - Traveling
(Multiple Locations Nationwide – within 60 miles of a major airport)
If you’re looking for a challenging role in the Retail Construction industry that allows you to use your supervisory and carpentry skills and includes extensive travel, then this role is for you! N-Store Services, Inc. is seeking a Project Supervisor to grow with our company which recognizes and rewards excellent performance and teamwork. We offer rewarding compensation, travel pay and a bonus program.
- Plan, direct, and own the entire jobsite. Provide outstanding communication, customer satisfaction and manage self and team to achieve effective layout of jobsite and critical path to complete the project on time within budget.
- Communicate scope with operations, customers, subcontractors, vendors, daily labor, and be knowledgeable, courteous and build trust with customer.
- Evaluate construction drawings to effectively interpret trade skills, task assignments, increase productivity, and coordinate and collaborate with the office to produce quality work.
- Communicate hazards and risks, and provide training to employees and subcontractors on the job site with the goal of zero safety violations, minimize unsafe work habits, accidents and injuries and ensure all customer Safety Standards are met for all individuals on job site.
- Supervise, train, motivate and assign tasks to multiple subcontractors, local labor, and vendors.
- Train, self-perform and inspect all trades to ensure punch work is completed with the highest quality passing inspections and exceeding customer expectations.
- Manage detailed plans for the successful completion of the scope of work with a thorough understanding of blue prints.
- Manage multiple shifts and communicate in great detail for construction build-outs, refreshes, remodels, closings and maintenance programs.
This role requires self-performing supervisor with carpentry skills that has superior quality control of the construction practices. A cost-conscious, ethical and responsible individual with the following competencies:
- 5-10+ years of experience in carpentry trade
- 2-6 years of supervisor responsibility of direct and indirect labor
- Must be willing to work out of town for multiple weeks in a row
- Must be willing to travel 100% of the time and work 1st, 2nd and 3rd shifts
- Advanced knowledge of multiple trades such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and fire protection including hands-on rough to finish carpentry skills
- Advanced skill in supervision and leadership
- Reliable transportation and valid driver’s license
- Customer Service driven and focused with high work standards that mirror the organization’s standards of excellence
- Ability to be resilient and resourceful with time/priority and project management
- Advanced skill with power and hand tools
- Advanced ability to interpret blue prints
- Certified on operation of Forklifts and other lift equipment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced ability to understand scope of work, estimate time involved, and take initiative with fundamental scheduling changes to minimize cost and time
- Advanced knowledge of Smart Phones and software and ability to navigate new software specific to our customers.
- Personal effectiveness with integrity and accountability
- Flexibility - the ability to climb, balance, walk, bend, stretch, twist, kneel, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs consistently
- Core Strength - the ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without “giving out” or fatiguing, the ability to use muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects
- Manual Dexterity - the ability to quickly and accurately use your hand, or two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects
- Dynamic Strength - the ability to exert muscle force repeatedly or continuously over time; this involves muscular endurance and resistance to muscle fatigue (ex: standing for a long period of time)
- Muscle Strength - the ability to lift weight up to 50 pounds consistently unassisted with arms and legs without difficulty or strain, the ability to lift that weight at full range of motion from floor to overhead and at times may be required to lift heavier weight
- Control Precision - the ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions and react to changing job situations
N-Store ServicesWhy Work Here?
We are an award winning organization made up of people who consistently strive for excellence! Come join a culture of Fun, Growth & Success!
N-Store Services is a national specialty contractor providing a variety of industries multi-site solutions for their construction and maintenance needs. Our services include remodels, refreshes, rollouts, tenant improvements, retail channel installations, programmatic maintenance, store fixture installation, and Design-Build. N-Store Services is a growing and forward thinking organization with a work environment that fosters innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit.
ConstructionView all jobs at N-Store Services