Program Manager - Manufacturing
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Summary: The Program Manager(PM) will be a key liaison for the company and certain key customers. The PM will develop and execute strategic programs and projects to launch and support the customer business. The PM will have overall responsibility for managing high visibility and high value programs and projects and must assure the timely and efficient execution of projects. This position may also be responsible for a portfolio of multiple projects/program.
This position requires strong projects/ (program management capabilities, effective communication and collaboration skills, and the ability to provide insight around potential risks and opportunities, resolve conflict, initiate resolution and deliver results.
- Define, implement and drive project requirements, including: defining critical paths, workflows and plans Including managing timelines, budgets and margin achievement, communications, quality, risks, uncovering roadblocks, identifying resource constraints, and any other issues that arise
- Work with customers and management to identify the success criteria of the project within the terms and conditions of the customer contract.
- Finalize project scope, define initial assumptions, and secure project resources
- Identify and document all project milestones and deliverables and keep project plans up to date at all times, including resource allocations, tracking hours, monitoring schedules and escalating delays, and updating percentage completion, etc.
- Continuously monitor and measure project processes and activities to identify and communicate potential issues, risks, or problems in a timely fashion and provide corrective action options to drive to resolution
- Lead cross-functional teams. Include task management, resource alignment, coordination of activities, and transparent communication of project status and risk
- Must work through the appropriate managers to accomplish tasks, not
- Negotiate customer priorities and workload with any internal customers and team members
- Be the point person for all contact with the customer and be the lead on all conference calls
- Track and manage ECO’s and change requests to scope and obtain approval if necessary
- Work with PE to lead and develop project kickoffs and scope definition
- Create formal project communication plans, key project metrics, and dashboards for project status communication
- Conduct project evaluations, post-mortems, and drive process change to incorporate learning
- Manage assembly department by providing priorities, securing job requirements, training and development of talent, documentation, and act as a liaison between production/inspection and assembly.
- Back up as needed for Quality Control, Purchasing, and Assembly
- 6S Participation
- Attend meetings as required
- Sign-up for and attend required trainings
- Assist with on-the-job trainings that may take place in your department, including observations by colleagues
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required. MBA or Masters in Project Management preferred or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of program/project management experience in successful management of programs and/or projects in a large operating environment.
- PMP/PMI Certification preferred but not required
- Demonstrated, applied experience establishing and delivering complex programs and project
- Experience working with stakeholders to manage their expectations and engage them to address project issues
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and able to manage shifting priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to positively and effectively interact with internal and external customers
- Regular, reliable, and predictable performance required
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) match, Holiday Pay, PTO, Sick Pay
N / A
AddressSan Jose, CA
BusinessView all jobs at N / A