Full time, salaried position, $40,000-$60,000/annual, 100% paid healh insurance, generous PTO
The main focus of this Field Technician position is to support our managed clients' network infrastructures by going onsite for work that cannot be performed remotely. You'll maintain, analyze, troubleshoot, repair, and document computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals. Additional responsibilities may include infrastructure upgrades and/or projects to replace hardware systems. Your work relies on experience and judgement acquired through a minimum of two years experience performing services at client location. As such, you should be comfortable building rapport and eliciting problem details via conversation and interaction with our client end-users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Required: Windows Desktop OS’s, Windows Server Platforms, Active Directory, Group Policy
Preferred: Experience with Managed Services, Exchange platforms, VLAN, VPN, HP & Cisco switch configurations, routing, wireless, Cisco and SonicWALL firewall solutions
Additional experience supporting the following technologies:
- Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, and configuring systems and applications
- Respond to client service requests
- Troubleshoot client technical issues
- Work with third-party vendors to resolve client technical problems
- Serve as an escalation point for Tier 1 Technician
- Assist in disaster recovery and emergency situations
- Perform scheduled maintenance for client networks
- Assist with application updates, platform upgrades, and patching
- Document all steps taken and issue resolution
- Technical Certification requirements; CCENT or CompTIA Net+
- Minimum 2-years industry experience, specifically supporting Microsoft-based environments
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of small to medium sized busines networks, infrastructure, and equipment
- Ability to concisely document processes, issues, resolutions; strong writing skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and respond with a sense of urgency
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking abilities
- Ability to successfully and effectively work independently and within a team structure
- Self-motivated and responsive to management and clients
- Experience working with ticketing software desired
- Demonstrated knowledge of standard help desk service call methods and procedures
- Exceptional ability to develop productive and positive customer relationships.
$40,000 - $60,000 per year
We consult organizations who seek a proven IT strategy. Our solutions allow companies to experience 4X more value and productivity. This is a bold promise requiring focus and discipline. Yes this is challenging. And yes we must find team members who crave such a challenge. Is this you?
Look - just being honest here – this is a tough game, but we have it figured out. This is why major peers often emulate us. The “tough game” part requires motivated people. If you’re not motivated, by all means we encourage you to apply to with any of our competitors. However, if you are hungry for more, and you’re motivated to make it happen, join us. You bring the motivation and we’ll give you the tools, the infrastructure, the marketing, and the business know-how, all of which will feed that hunger.
We Make IT Easy for our clients. But that doesn’t mean it’s easy for us. That is why we are searching for smart, experienced, hard-working team members who are not afraid to innovate and creatively solve the diverse challenges of technology.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of this job, regular attendance and the ability to communicate in a professional manner is necessary. The employee must occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds. Computer use is required on a daily basis.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
This position requires you to work from our office in New Brighton, MN.